'eyt

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it.  Thank you 💙

09/05/23

-----

Summary:
After spending time with Tuk and Neytiri, Lidya goes out to visit Zao. After spending time with Zao, a lot of things happen to her.

-------

Life can sometimes bring surprises your way. It's a wonderful thing. It makes you happy. But sometimes life may not always show its smiling face towards you. Faced with such a situation, you might feel sad and disappointed. Today, I encountered an event like this. However, I didn't become sad or disappointed due to this incident. It was something entirely different—anger, fear, and uneasiness. The fact that they did this disgrace at a time when everyone's attention was only on one spot really caught me off guard. Everything started in the morning as I headed towards Zao in the weaving tent. After bidding farewell to Neytiri and Tuk, I stepped outside of the kelku.

"I'm going. See you at dinner," I said with joy.

They had helped me dress in stylish clothes today, which aided in making me feel more like one of them. I'm grateful to them. After waving goodbye to Neytiri and Tuk, I exited Kelku. As soon as I stepped out, I took a deep breath and smiled. Now, I could breathe in Pandora's air, and it was an incredible feeling. After a lifetime of living with a disgustingly covering respiratory mask, this newfound freedom made me feel really good. Slowly, I pressed my bare feet against the hard trees, rocks, and soft earth. One by one, I felt them. I walked with slow steps. I wondered how Zao would react when she saw me in this state. She would probably not recognize me at first and just look at me. When she did recognize me, she would hug me right away. I chuckled at the thought. Silly Zao.

As I walked, I greeted passing Na'vi with a smile and a wave. However, they didn't wave back; instead, they tried to figure out who I was. They were truly surprised. While greeting another Na'vi, suddenly, I heard a voice filled with pain. Looking towards the source, I saw a child hanging downwards from a branch, entangled in a vine. Without the vine, he would've fallen and gotten hurt. The vine must have squeezed him too tightly, causing him pain. I rushed over to him.

"Oh Eywa! Don't worry, I'll save you. Try not to move too much," I said, trying to calm the child.

I quickly climbed the tree. As I reached the branch and began cutting the vine with my knife, the child, who had been calm, suddenly screamed and started thrashing wildly. The vine I started cutting suddenly snapped. With a reflexive movement, I grabbed the broken end of the vine, but due to the child's weight, I couldn't maintain my balance. I was about to fall from the branch when I dropped the knife, grabbing onto the branch to hold on. One arm was wrapped around the branch, and the other held the vine, leaving me hanging in the air. The child suddenly released from the loosened vine, landing on his feet, snatched the knife from the ground, and began running away. I stared in astonishment.

"Hey! Kid! Where are you going? Give me back my knife!"

I shouted after him, but it was in vain. The child had heard me yelling, but he ignored me and disappeared from view. Frustrated, I attempted to reach the branch with my other arm. As I held onto the branch firmly, I used all my strength to lift myself up. Sitting on the branch, I examined my hand. Due to the vine, it was bleeding. If I didn't treat it, it might become infected. It seemed I couldn't go to Zao in this condition. It would be better to go to Tsahik and have my hand looked at. Carefully avoiding hitting my hand, I slowly descended from the tree and quickly headed to Tsahik's tent. Upon arriving and entering, Kiri must have sensed something as she diverted her attention from the patient and looked at me.