Chapter 2

I helped Allison and Jasper carry the last of their luggage into the back of the car of Allison's parents. They both will be going back to their respective packs to serve.

The two of them hugged me- a group hug. We leaned on each other heads and stayed silent, immersed in the moment. I will say it again; I can definitely kill for these two.

"I will miss you Leo." She whispered.

"We love you bruv." Jasper said.

"I love you both. You don't know how important both of you are to me." I said.

"Promise me something" Allison said.

"If it is within my power." I replied.

"That you will stay safe." She said.

"I'll try," I said, smiling. I knew exactly what she was talking about.

Westgate.

I felt Jasper's hold on me tighten. We all understood.

We broke the hug and they went into the car and drove off, waving at me. I waved in return as I watched the core parts of my life for the past seven years exit the school gates and disappeared into the horizon.

I turned back and went into the dorms. I can't leave yet as I haven't received my official letter of introduction into the pack that I will be assigned in. I have previously applied not to be transferred back into my old pack. I really do not think I am ready to go back.

Minutes turned into hours as i was waiting for the message from the administrative heads. I had already packed my things and I have even practiced manipulating the physical world using my astral projection. Close to evening, I finally received the message in my head.

"Leonard Cage, report to the conference room in administrative building immediately."

Finally!

Since my time was a little wasted, I decided not to teleport. I took my time and walked into the building. As I entered the building that housed the people that will determine my fate, I wondered if I will be able to adjust into the new pack that I was going to.

The conference room was located in the top floor, close to the principal's office. I knocked the heavy doors that led into the room and they opened automatically.

"You can enter Mr. Cage." The principal's voice said. I obeyed.

Apart from the principal, there were two other people in the conference room. These people, I do not recognize. I entered, and was asked to take a seat.

"We have reviewed your request to get assigned to any other pack other than your home pack." The principal said. "But, it has been denied."

I signed deeply. "May I ask why?" I asked.

"The reasons you provided was not sufficient and do not qualify as grounds to make you an exception of a law that have been in place for hundreds of years." One of the strangers, the tallest in the room said.

"Interesting," I said. "You do not view maltreatment as a kid and the forceful taking of one's mate as enough grounds?"

"Cage." The principal warned.

"Frankly, it doesn't." The tall stranger said. The other man did not say a single word. He was just looking at me intently.

"With all due respect, the mate bond has been one of the fundamentals of the wolf society, it is one of the pillars that ensures our survival as werewolves. And you think a tradition from an academy that hasn't even exited for a millennium overrides a logic that stems from a pillar established by the moon goddess herself?" I said.

The silence that dominated the room stretched for some seconds.

"We have made our decision and that is final." The principal said. "Here, take your official letter. You must have reported there by the week's end."

I took the letter and without another word, I left the room and closed the door. It took an extreme amount of self-control for me not to leave a dent on the walls of the administrative building.

I got to my room and lay one my bed to rearrange my thoughts. I closed my eyes for a minute but then shot them back open when I sensed an unfamiliar presence in the room. It was the silent stranger from the conference room.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He walked about my room for a while. "That was fast," he said

"What?" I said, not taking my eyes off him.

"The way you sensed my presence immediately I entered, it was fast."

There was something different about him. I couldn't put my hand on it yet.

"What do you want?" I asked again.

"I came to see you." He said, sitting on top of my study desk at the corner of the room. "Tell me, what are you scared of?"

"Nothing." I said, wondering if it was a trick question.

"I thought your pack was a scary one, which is why you are reluctant to return." He said. I noticed that he had a cup of coffee in his hands. He inhaled the scent of the beverage dramatically. I do not have coffee in my room and his hands were empty when he entered my room.

"My reasons for not wanting to return were clearly stated in my letter." I said.

"That I am aware of. But you are no longer the weak wolf that got punched by his bully brother seven years ago." He said.

The fuck?

How does he know that?

"You a mind reader?" I asked, already putting up mental blockers all over my mind.

"Not exactly." He said. "I have seen your records and your scores. I am also aware of the little Westwood trouble that you were involved in. By now, you should be way powerful than your brother; which is why I asked you ten minutes ago, what are you scared of?"

Thus man knew too much about me. But he has a point. I wasn't supposed to be apprehensive of returning. He was right, I was afraid of something."

"I am scared, of myself, my past." I said.