Chapter 3

Seeing that my parents didn't even care to send a car or even any type of transportation for their middle child, I decided to take what I considered to be the fastest mode of transportation back to my old pack- Teleportation. I simply packed all my belongings, my books, clothes, official robe, gifts from my friends and teachers, and dissipated. In a second, I was back to the border of my pack.

After seven years, I almost didn't recognize it. The borders now have heavy gates and watchtowers that are manned by warriors. It seems my pack has grown stronger over the past years or perhaps it was the constant attacks from rogues and other supernatural factions that caused the "upgrade". I took a breath before walking towards the gate.

"Don't take a fucking step closer!" A voice ordered. "Who the fuck are you?" I noticed apprehension on his voice. Perhaps he was scared that I just appeared out of nowhere. There was no need for me to be antagonistic. I simply introduced myself

"I am a mage, sent by the council of ... to come and serve in this pack. Here's my letter of introduction." I said, handing over my official introductory letter. It had the seal of both the academy and the stamp of the council.

The letter was snatched from my fingers and was examined by the guard. He was careful not to ruin the envelope. It was reserved for the Alpha.

"I also happen to be Leonard Jaxon Cage, the second son of Alpha Buell." I added. This caused a little discomfort in the eyes of the guard.

"Please give me a moment." He said, walking back into the watchtower. After a few minutes, he came out, tailed by another guard who seemed to be his superior.

"I am very sorry for my subordinate's behavior." He said, bowing down a little. "It's nice to see you again Leo."

He opened the door of the gate and ushered me in.

His voice was very familiar, too familiar. On a closer look, I smiled.

"Why the formalities?" I asked, surprised at his orderly behavior around me.

Trevor is my friend, my partner in crime and confidant during my early years in the pack. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. After all, apart from my parents he was the only one that knew about my admission and my return. In fact, I chatted with him just yesterday.

"Let me be your escort to the pack grounds. Sir." He said before grabbing my bags and putting them behind the open wagon that was parked a few feet from us.

"Okay." I said.

We entered the wagon and Trevor started the wagon. I remembered that the main park territory is about two hours away. I noticed that some of the huge trees have been leveled for some construction that I can't fathom yet.

"Finally." I heard Trevor say. "We are out of the peering eyes of the Gamma's spies."

"What?" I asked.

He turned and smiled, parking the wagon. "Look at you! You've grown taller. Shit you're taller than me."

"What?" I asked again. it was like a sudden switch of personalities.

"Sorry about the formalities at the border. It was necessary. Due to the recent attacks on the pack, the entire warriors are on high alert. If the higher ups catch any of us slacking, we will pay dearly for it." He said.

"it seems I have a lot of catching up to do." I said, "You look good and well, seems like the warrior training paid off." I said, noting his bulky frame.

"I have always been bulky even at a young age." He said. "You went through dramatic changes in the academy. Tell me what did they feed you?"

"Oh stop it." I said, trying to swallowing the chuckle in my throat. "Tell me what is going on in the pack nowadays."