Chapter 13

Lilith's POV

For the past week, I have locked myself in my one-window bedroom, rarely coming out. I have never felt so dirty in my entire life. I couldn't take that scene out of my head. I could still hear is raspy breath as he violated me.

Suddenly tired of thinking about it, I looked at the cracked walls of my room for a distraction and when that didn't work, I left my bed in the corner of the room and went to the tiny window that oversaw the palace courtyard. Looking down from my bedroom, a few floors, I high suddenly thought of how easy it will be to simply defenestrate myself.

However, even if I wanted to, I would simply survive with a few broken bones that may take a few hours to heal

"Miss Armenadus, I have brought dinner to you." A female servant said, interrupting my thoughts.

I didn't reply. After all, if the untouched breakfast and lunch at the door of my room was ant indication, I wasn't very hungry, was I?

"Miss Armenadus?" the servant repeated before knocking.

I still didn't reply and soon, the worst thing happened. The door knob moving and the wooden door making a squeaking sound announcing an invasion into my nothingness.

"Get out." I ordered, my anger rising.

"But Miss.." the young girl who looked like she was in her mid-teens stuttered for a while.

"Get the fuck out. Now." I repeated.

She swiftly got out and left the room, her purple and red dress knocking over a mirror on my table. She tried picking it up but I have already seen enough vampires for today.

"Leave it."

She simply bowed and closed the door behind her.

Seconds after her retreating footsteps faded away, I went to pick up the mirror and I caught a glance of my withered self in the reflecting surface and signed.

My mom had this same look before she died on her deathbed. A despondent look.

I sat on the floor, pulled my knees to my chest, and

My thoughts again, drifted to my extended family. My cousin and Uncle. Perhaps they have forgotten about me. At this point, they are probably happy that the stain in their family name is gone. If only I haven't disobeyed my uncle's orders and snuck out of the castle.

When the effects of the herb wore off, Steven tried making a fake-ass apology to convince me that it wasn't entirely his fault.

"I am so sorry Lilith." He said in a very sad tone. "I didn't know what came over me." Very classic. I didn't need to be told that the apology was far from heartfelt.

I haven't seen him since then because he left me in the garden after doing what he did.

Again, I heard footsteps retracing. This time, my door wasn't knocked on. The intruders simply opened the wooden door like they own the building.

"The king demands your presence immediately miss." An older female servant said. I looked at her and saw that she was accompanied with two guards. They were here to force me in case I failed to comply with the king's orders.

I stood up and walked past them. I have had enough vampire hands on me for the past few weeks and perhaps, I already know my way around the palace.

I wondered what the King wanted to talk about. After all, he didn't give a damn when he heard what transpired between me and his son.

I took a turn to the right to enter the throne room but I was stopped by one of the guards.

"Not that way miss." He said, pointing forward.

After two more minutes of walking, I found myself in the dinner room. The King, some people who I have never met and of course, Steven was also seated.

"Ah yes. Our guest is here." The King said, smiling at me.

I gave him a blank look and took my seat.

"So, as we are saying, the Great Conference will be holding in a month's time and we need to get ready."

A particular vampire who was the tallest on the table wiped his face and leaned back at his chair. "So is this the girl?"

The King nodded.

There were about a dozen of them seated. My eyes scanned through them and I could feel my heart quicken when I laid my eyes on the fifteenth son of the vampire King. He looked at me in the eye and gave me a sly smile before averting his gaze.

"Take a seat." The king gestured towards a seat directly opposite his. But I didn't want to be anywhere close in the proximity of a my assaulter so I remained standing.

Annoyed that his King's orders were being ignored, one of the guards that escorted suddenly put a hand on my shoulders and immediately, my anger rose to a level that I have never felt before.

"Take your hands off my shoulders or you will lose it." I said without any emotion before looking straight at the council in front of me.

"I would like whatever that is needed to be said in my presence be said now as I would love to go back to my room as soon as possible." I said to the seated vampires.

"Is this how you talk to the vampire king?" a muscle-bound vampire who looked like he ate too much said, pushing his chair backwards, threatening to stand up and deal with me himself.

"I am a princess, talking to a King. When royals are conversing, elevated commoners should keep their mouths shut." I retorted.

I watched as his eyes became engulfed in rage.

"Enough." The king ordered.

I then raised his hand towards the tallest vampire in the room.

"The council have decided that you will be attending the Coalition of Species conference in a month's time."

"You mean I will be a political pawn that will be used to get something form the demon land." I said.

They didn't have to mince their words. I know how these things work.

"I told you she was quite intelligent." Steven said.

I ignored him. I was much more interested on what my future held.

"Is that all?" I asked, ready to return to my peace and quiet.

You will be wearing a collar that will keep you in control until a debt is settled.

"Whatever." I said, before walking out of the room.

At this point, I didn't even care anymore.