32: Surprise?

"Tae oppa, we seriously need to talk." I said standing next to his locker, hoping Jungkook wasn't looking for me.

"Yes. We do. Haesoo said I had to cancel the clown that does balloon animals, for Jungkook's birthday party because you'll get scared. I only have one question. What about balloons scare you? Is it because they pop?"

"Wha- I...I'm not scared of balloons. I don't like clowns but hire whoever you want to. It's Jungkook's birthday, not mine. And that's not what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh. Okay. That makes more sense. Also it's too late for the clown. My cousin doesn't take well to being rejected after being booked. It would take too much grovelling and honestly his balloon dog looks a lot like his balloon monkey...and balloon rabbit. Honestly, he's not really great at his job. Also Jungkook wouldn't want any element at his birthday to make you uncomfortable. So it's for the best." he mused. " So what did you want to talk about?"

I looked around to double check that nobody was listening and that Jungkook wasn't approaching.

"We've got to get rid of Hyunjoo," I said in a conspiratorial manner.

Taehyung's look of confusion morphed into one of understanding. "Okay. I think Jimin knows someone. When does it need to be done by?"

My eyebrows jumped up instantly. "Jimin oppa just knows someone that can...off a person without traces?"

"Well maybe not without traces but it wouldn't be tied back to us."

"I- nevermind because that's not what I meant! At all. I can't believe you were perfectly fine and calm with the assumption that I was asking you to get erase someone's existence."

"We're besties," he shrugged. "What did you mean anyway?"

"I meant we need to get him to stop troubling Jungkook. Because he's antagonising him for some reason that I can't figure out. There's no way he's doing it to just be mean or just for fun because nobody gets beaten up for fun."

"You're right. I had one of the 8th graders follow him around after you told me about the phone call you heard him have. He heard Hyunjoo take a few calls too but he didn't hear any more details than you did."

"This is so annoying. I don't know what to do but I know he's going to try doing something again. "

"Well there's always-"

"Oppa, you're a high schooler. Stop acting like you're part of a mob. Violence is never good it just digs you deeper into a problem."

"Fine. We'll just have to be watchful for now."

"Yeah okay. I can do that," I agreed.

"Can you because you tend to be a bit...oblivious to your surroundings. And your eyesight is not even the best," he pointed out causing me to frown.

"Fine..my eyesight is bad. It's genetic by the way. At least I'm not like you though. Your saxophone skills aren't so great. If you were playing on the titanic people would've jumped off before the ship even hit the iceberg. "

His jaw dropped the moment he heard my retort.

"You take that back."

"I'd rather walk barefoot on legos. "

He scoffed.

"You should be nice to me if you want help getting Jungkook a present."

I rolled my eyes. Unlike men (ie Taehyung), women (ie me) generally thought about gifts in advance and that's exactly what I did.

"Thanks Vivaldi. But I already got him a present."

"Oh," he sounded disappointed because I evidently had the upper hand but he perks up quickly. "What did you get?"