8: A shit free zone

"Your memory seems to be fine but I'm worried about the long term effects the injury may have. If the headaches become severe please call me. But for now all you need is bed rest."

"Thanks Doctor."

The fight I had with Jungkook kept replaying in my mind. He was the one that was wrong. He tried to make me feel like I made the mistake. A normal person would've thanked me but he reprimanded me.

Poopface.

"Senthuri, you have some visitors. Should I let them in?"

"Yeah sure."

Mrs Kang walked in along with Mr and Mrs Song.

"Senthu, how are you feeling?" Mrs Kang asked.

"Awful. But hey, atleast I'm alive. How did you know I was here?"

"I asked Jungkook how tutoring was going and he told me you were in a coma. But yesterday he informed me that you had woken up," she explained.
"The school was notified about the accident so all your teachers know. Don't worry about the work you missed I'm sure your peers will help you catch up."

Fat chance of that happening.

"Sweetheart we were so worried about you," Mrs Song caressed my face. Her motherly touch made me feel a warmth that my actual mother used to give me once upon a time.

"How did you guys find out?" I asked the library owners.

"That young man you're always with informed us. He told us to come and visit you because you must be feeling lonely," Mr Song revealed.

"Dear, I do believe he told us not to mention that."

"Oh right. Senthu, forget I said anything."

"Alright," I laughed.

Jungkook's gesture was sweet. But I wondered if he did that because he cared or was just trying to repay the debt. I was certain it was the latter but I still thought it was nice of him. As soon as I got the chance I would thank him.

"Speaking of Jungkook, he asked me to give this to you," Mrs Kang said handing me my spare glasses.

"Thank you."
***********

Jungkook hadn't visited me after our fight. Mr and Mrs Song came everyday though.

My time in the hospital was coming to a close and I was grateful. After having spent almost two weeks in the medical hell all I wanted to do was leave.

"Senthuri, a young man is here to visit you. I don't remember his name. Should I let him in?" The nurse asked.

"Sure. But if you hear any screams then call the police."

"Okay," she laughed.

The visitor must be Jungkook. That means I could finally thank him.

"Jungkook, I-. You?"

"Sorry to disappoint but it's Taehyung."

"What do you want?" I asked bitterly.

"No need to be rude. I just came to visit."

"That I can see. But why?"

"To thank you and to ask you a few things."

"Thank me for what?" I asked confused.

"For saving my best friend's life. Jungkook is like my little brother and I can't imagine life without him. We've been friends since we were kids and he's family. So I appreciate you saving his life."

"At least someone appreciates me," I mumbled to myself.
"What did you want to ask me?"

"Why did you save him? After everything he's done to you. After everything we've done to you. Why would you save him?"

His question caught me offguard. Jungkook asked the same thing albeit in a harsher manner. It was something I even wondered before I went into a coma.

"I had no reason not to."

"What do you mean? You had every reason not to. Jungkook has bullied you for almost three years."

"I know but like I said to Jungkook, I did it because it was my duty as a human. I may despise Jungkook with every cell in my body but that doesn't mean I want him dead. He may treat me poorly and insult me every chance he gets but if I didn't save him that day I would've died with guilt. Because I saw the car and if I ignored it then that would've made me a murderer, in a sense. I don't fancy myself being a bad person. I'm not vindictive, Sunbae. If Jungkook wants to treat me badly even after this, it's his prerogative."

Taehyung stared at me wide eyed and surprised.

"Are you a saint or something?"

I laughed at his reaction.

"Who knows?" I responded.

"I don't get why people don't like you. Especially Jinhee. She seems to have a personal vendetta against you."

"Yeah well, hers is a long story that I'd rather not revisit. As for the rest of the school population, a few rumours is enough to get them riled up."

"True," he paused for a minute.
"When are you being discharged?"

"Tomorrow. But if Doctor Lee suddenly decides I have to stay then I'm running away."

"Running?" He asked raising an eyebrow as his gaze shifted to my cast.

"Fine. More like limping away. But I'm a pro with these crutches now. I could probably win a marathon with these babies."

"Yeah, maybe a 'who can be the slowest race'," he chuckled

"I will beat you up with my crutches so don't tempt me."

"I didn't know you could be violent and since when did you speak so openly, to anyone?"

"Yeah well, the near death experience made me realise life is too short for me to spend it dealing with everyone's shit. So I've decided everywhere I go now is officially a shit free zone."

"Good for you," Taehyung smiled raising his hand for a high five.
"Regardless of how faulty Jungkook acts, you and I are officially friends."

"Are we now?"

"Yup. You've won me and Namjoon over. So I will no longer be rude to you. In fact, don't be surprised if I start talking to you more often."

"Ha ha. Like I believe that the guy who has supported Jungkook with bullying me this whole time is going to suddenly be nice to me."

"Well, you just have to trust me on this."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Deal."
"Senthu, thank you again."

"No problem, Sunbae," I smiled genuinely at him.

"Sunbae is too formal," he pouted.
"You can call me oppa."

"I'll think about it." I said laughing.

I wondered if he was being honest about treating me nicely. I didn't have any expectations because I always seemed to be let down when I did. Time would tell if there was any truth in his words. But for now I just enjoyed his company as he told me about all the classes he hated. Which, funny enough, was all of them.