9: That's not Korean

As much as I appreciated leaving the hospital, I dreaded going back to school. My days in the hospital were sadly some of the most peaceful days I've had in the past few years. But hospitals brought back bad memories and those memories started to suffocate me within those white walled rooms.

Today was my first day back at school after the accident. I wondered if anyone would treat me differently because I saved their idol's life.
Probably not.

"Ahjhussi, you can just leave my bag here, infront of the lockers," I told Uncle Kim - the driver who dropped me off at school and insisted he carry my bag.

"But ma'am how are you going to manage for the rest of the day?"

"I'll sort it out, don't worry. And what did I say about calling me ma'am?"

"Sorry, I forget sometimes, Senthu."

"Better," I said giving him a thumbs up.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" He asked.

I noticed the students around me stare at Uncle Kim carrying my bag. I didn't want any unnecessary attention so even if I battled with carrying my belongings I wasn't going to take his help.

"Yes I'm sure, Ahjussi. Anyways what were you going to do? Carry my stuff around the whole day and follow me to every class?" I joked.

"Maybe," he said jokingly but I knew he was being serious.

"I'm fine. You can go. Thank you. I'll see you later."

"Okay. Bye, Senthuri. Have a good day." He patted my head.

"Bye." I smiled at the older man and watched him leave.

With much difficulty I bent down and picked up my bag. I returned to my standing position and somebody slung their arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, Senthuri," Taehyung greeted.

"Taehyung sunbae? What are you doing?" I asked, checking to see if any of the students were looking. And that they were.
My peers stared at us wide eyed.

"What do you mean, what am I doing? Obviously, I'm greeting my new friend."

"Sunbae-"

"Oppa," he corrected me.

"Fine. Oppa,people are staring."

"So? You should be used to their stares by now. They always stare at you."

"No, before they would glance at me. This is a full on, 'I'm not taking my eyes off you' stare. It's making me uncomfortable so please remove your hand."

"But you said so yourself, you would believe in my friendship if I showed it. Here I am showing it and you don't appreciate it," he said with mock hurt.

"Whatever. I need to go to class. I'll see you around."

"What class do you have?"

"Korean Literature studies."

"Ok cool," he replied before taking my bag from me and walking away.

"Aren't you coming?" He asked.

Surprise etched itself on my face when I realised he was taking my bag for me to class. Which was really thoughtful of him. But the whispers I heard around me forced me to look down as I caught up with him.

"Oppa, you don't have to do this. You're going to be late to class. What if you get detention?"

"Then I'll give Hobi hyung company."