15: Park Here

The day had finally arrived.
The day that I finally built up enough courage to speak to Park Jimin.

Granted I only had the courage because I didn't speak to him yet. But those were just minor details.

It was the end of the school day so I decided it was time to find Jimin and ask him if he was interested in a job at the studio. The studio was renowned and any normal person would grab the opportunity to work there but nobody from Bangtan was normal.

Generally, or so I've heard, Jimin stayed after school in the drama slash dance studio to practice his dancing.
Besides his good looks and charming personality, Jimin was known for extraordinary dance skills. He did many dance styles but his forte was contemporary.

I once was fortunate enough to witness him dance. The school had a dance competition and although I didn't take part I still enjoyed watching everyone else. He was amazing needless to say. He could catch any beat and his body moved to the music in a way that was mesmerising. It was as if he became one with the sound. His movements were precise and he glided across the dance floor with ease.

I walked towards the drama studio and I heard music playing softly. I walked in and I immediately saw Jimin immersed in his dance. He didn't even notice my presence. He was probably practicing for his dance exam. Even though he was practicing for an exam, it wasn't noticeable because of the passion and enjoyment visible in his expression.

He was dancing to an instrumental of a familiar song. I didn't make a sound neither did I move. I just watched him in complete awe.

Once the music stopped I started clapping, completely forgetting he was unaware of my presence.

My action shocked him and he turned around and stared at me surprise before squinting at me in a judgemental manner.

Was that possible?

"How long were you standing there," he asked coldly.

"Long enough."

"What are you doing here in the first place?"

"I-I need to speak to you," I answered a little nervous

"About?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

I walked towards him.

"Have you heard of Haengbokkhae studio?"

"Yes. I don't live under a rock."

"Of course you don't. Patrick Star does. Anyways, back to the topic. The couple that owns the studio are family friends and they're looking for younger talented people to be dance instructors for the little ones and some of the teenagers too. She asked me if I knew anyone and I thought of you. I'm aware that I don't know you but I know of you. So I figured it was enough."

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Yes. I'm sure you don't need the money but it's not about the money. It's about helping children find a passion in something so beautiful and expressive. Are you interested?"

"I don't know anything about you but I know what I want. Yes, I am interested."

"Great." I clapped my hands together once. "I'll give you the owner's number. Also you might have to give an audition but if you tell her I sent you then you probably won't."

"Okay."

"Here," I said after handing him a piece of paper with the number on it.
"Good luck."

"Thanks."

"No prob." I turned around to leave.

"Wait, what's your name?" He asked stopping me.

I didn't realise he didn't know me. It actually confused me slightly because I was Taehyung and Jungkook's friend. But then again I'd never interacted with him so I guess I couldn't blame him.