Six

Both of them had planned to take the week off teaching to help Sadie get settled with her new schedule, but Sadie insisted that they keep their own sense of normalcy.

Adeline woke both parents up at the crack of dawn, making both of them get up with a groan.

"You wanna get the baby? I'll wake Sadie up?" Kaycee asked, stretching as they lazily made the bed.

"Yeah I'll get Ad," he nodded, yawning as he left the room.

Kaycee finished putting the pillows on their bed before she went down the hallway and knocked on Sadie's door.

"It's open," Sadie mumbled, still sounding like her face was stuffed in a pillow.

"You up?" Kaycee asked, slightly opening the door.

"Mhm,"

"Doesn't look like it," she chuckled, sitting on the bed, "If you want to stay home, I can stay with you,"

"I've gone to school with less sleep," she sighed, sitting up before she got out of bed. "I'll get ready and grab something to eat at school,"

"I'm gonna go make breakfast right now," she smiled a little.

"Do you make it every day?"

"Chase or I," she nodded, "Be ready by 6:45, we'll eat and then you can go to school with me or go with Chase to drop Addie off,"

"I'll come with you,"

"Okay. We'll leave around 7:15," she nodded, leaving her room as Sadie got ready for the day.

Kaycee made a quick breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage while Chase fed Adeline. They both got ready quickly and all 3 ate before they got in their separate cars and headed their separate ways.

"Wouldn't it be easier for you guys to take one car?" Sadie asked as she sat in the passenger seat of the Tahoe.

"It would if we didn't have Addie. Her daycare is on the other side of town so we switch off who takes her," Kaycee explained, pulling into the school parking lot.

"Makes sense," She shrugged, waiting until the car was stopped before she got out of the car and walked in with Kaycee. "It's weird being in here before everyone else,"

"Get used to it honey, we get here early," She chuckled a little, unlocking the classroom before they both stepped in.

"So I can wait to do my homework until the next morning?"

"As long as it gets done," Kaycee shrugged, sitting at her desk as Sadie sat at her usual desk.

"Cool," Sadie nodded with a smile, happy that Kaycee kept the same stance on homework as she and Chase did in classes.

Kids started to filter in after a while Sadie sat in the classroom with Kaycee. Her first class of the day was down the hall and it felt good to not have to worry about eating breakfast in time and starting her day off right.

"Sadie, first bell. Time to go kiddo," Kaycee smiled, "I'll see you in third period,"

"Yeah, thanks coach,"