Twenty Two

The start of summer was only a few days away and the summeritis, much like senioritis, had already set in. Kaycee was doing everything she could to keep her class engaged but nothing was working so once she finished the lessons that she had to, she settled on watching movies.

Sadie was counting down the days still and with Adeline getting close to walking, was working on her knee every day by helping the little one walk.

"Mom look!" Sadie called as she got Adeline to stand on her own while she let go of her hand.

"Good job baby girl!" Kaycee grinned, hoping the girl would wait to take steps so she could get her phone ready to record it.

"Come here, baby! Come to Mommy!" She said as she reached one hand out to the small child.

"Mama!" Adeline giggled, attempting to take a step but falling onto her bottom.

"Not the lip Addie," Sadie said as the little one looked between her and her mother.

"Yep. The lip," Kaycee nodded as Adeline started to cry.

"Aww Addie," Sadie said as she squeezed the little girl's hand.

"You'll get it, honey. It's okay," Kaycee said as she bounced and shushed her daughter.

"It happens little one,"

"Yes it does," Kaycee nodded, "you're going to fall so many more times before you fly,"

"I like that," Sadie said, not realizing she'd said it out loud.

"What?" The mother asked, looking at the oldest as she held the youngest.

"I like that. About the falling. I guess I never thought about it like that," Sadie shrugged, sitting on the floor across from Kaycee.

"That's something my Dad told me when I fell off my bike and then when I got in my first fender bender," she told her as she stood the baby up.

"It'll be nice to have that kind of thing,"

"I'm happy that I'll have a kid that finally understands what I mean when I say it," she grinned.

Sadie just smiled and looked around, noticing that Chase was nowhere to be seen. "Where's dad?"

"Golfing with Chase," she said as the door shut, "Chase that better be you,"

"It's a robber, coming to steal the money we don't have because we're teachers with 2 kids," Chase said as he put his car keys on the key rack.

"Haha," she chuckled, "How was it?"

"He beat me,"

"Awww. Do you need a hug?"

"Haha," he fake chuckled, sitting on the couch as he turned to Sadie, "How's it going, kid?"

"Good," she smiled, "we're trying to get Addie to walk,"

"Has she taken steps?" He asked, moving to the floor with them.