Eleven

Chase and Kaycee both saw it and they were doing anything they could to help her through it. They had her in therapy weekly and a group with other teenagers who were being fostered to hopefully help her get through the rough patch they were going through. They could never fix it fully for her, she had to do that, but they could at least be there to support her and love her unconditionally.

"How's Sadie?" Maddy asked, looking at the 2 parents as they all ate lunch.

"Broken," Kaycee answered. "I just can't believe her mom said that in front of her,"

"She wanted to break her," She nodded, picking at the salad.

"Yeah," Kaycee nodded, finishing her lunch quietly before they all went back to class.

Sadie was in Chase's class right after lunch and he just saw her trying not to cry. He knew she was overwhelmed and when she was surrounded by her peers, she wouldn't let anyone see her cry. With him and Kaycee, it was a different story. He shut the laptop he was working on, got up, and went over to her desk as the class did their individual work and kneeled down next to her.

"Come on," he nodded toward the door and led her to the hallway. "No one can see you out here. Let it out,"

Sadie looked at him for a split second before she broke down in tears.

"What did I do that she doesn't want me?" She sobbed.

"I don't know kiddo," he sighed, hugging her as tightly as she could take. He knew she was struggling. "Get it out kiddo,"

Sadie sobbed for a good few minutes while Chase held her and tried to calm her down. It wasn't working and he was worried that she was going to make herself sick, to the point that he actually called a sub in so he could take Sadie home. Her leg was probably hurting too.

As soon as the sub got in the room, he went to Kaycee's just to let her know what was going on.

"Hey Kayc," he knocked, getting her attention.

"I'll be right back guys," she said before coming to the doorway where Chase was waiting. "What's going on?"

"I'm gonna take Sadie home. She's been crying, her leg probably hurts, I already got the sub and told Ryan. Can you get Addie?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "What are we gonna do Chase? I don't know how to help her,"

"We take it one day at a time," he whispered, "I'll see you at home. Love you,"

"Love you too," She nodded, heading back to her class as he shut the door and met Sadie by the elevator.

Sadie was quiet the whole ride home, and disappeared into her curtained-off "bedroom".

He gave her space for a little while and ordered some of the best ice cream from the local shop.

When he went into the room, she was sound asleep with tear stains all over her face. He tucked her in with one of the stray blankets on her bed and put what they had gotten in the freezer before watching TV in the living room.

Kaycee had come home around 4, unable to stay away any longer after school.

"Hey Addibug," he chuckled, taking her as Kaycee handed her over.

"Where's Sadie?"

"Her room. She was taking a nap last time I looked in," he said as Adeline "stood" on his legs.

She nodded and kicked off the heels she was wearing, tiptoeing towards their dining room where Sadie was last seen sleeping. She pulled the curtain back slightly, seeing Sadie awake and looking at the picture of her and Jess.

"Hey honey,"

"Hi," she mumbled, not taking her eyes off the photo in her hands.

"How you doing in here?"

"I miss her," she whispered, sniffling again before she finally looked up.

"I know. I do too honey,"

"Everything fell apart after her. I lost her. I lost my mom. And then I found out that she didn't even want me," she said before letting a sob escape.

"I know Sadie. I know it's really hard,"

"No, you don't," She snapped, "you have no clue what I'm going through right now!"

"Sadie,"

"Just go away please," she sobbed, turning away from Kaycee as the woman got up and left.

"What was that?" Chase asked, looking over the back of the couch as Kaycee came out.

"Will you try and talk to her?"

"Yeah," he nodded, handing Addie over before kissing Kaycee's head, "Try not to worry,"

She nodded and went upstairs with Adeline while Chase went into Sadie's room.

"I didn't mean to snap at her. I don't want to lose another mom," Sadie sobbed again, just seeing Chase walk in.

"You're not gonna lose another mom, Sadie,"

"I don't want to get moved. Please don't make me leave,"

"Sadie. You're not going anywhere. You're here with us and we're not going to let you go anywhere. You couldn't pay us to move you anywhere else," he promised, "you've had a rough few days kiddo. But that's not gonna change how we feel about you and how much we love you,"

"I'm sorry," she cried again, hugging him tightly.

"We love you, Sadie. That's not gonna change. Parents and kids argue,"

"I love you too," she sniffled, wiping her eyes as he hugged her back.

"I'm gonna go get Kaycee and I'll be right back,"

"Okay," she nodded, wiping her eyes again as Chase went to get Kaycee, who was giving Adeline a quick bath.

They both finished her bath quickly before they went to Sadie's room with the baby and all sat on the bed.

"You cannot make me want to get rid of you Sadie. You are here and this is your home. We will be your mom and dad. We will take care of you and we will love you no matter what,"

"I love you guys too,"