Chapter 30 - All Is Well

POV ~ Kyle

"What do you mean by that?" Logan asks.

"Brad was the one that convinced Jules's friends to sacrifice them in exchange they would have gotten a ton of money. If it weren't for Liam, Jules would be dead right now."

"Jules cheated death thanks to Liam." Logan states, realization kicking in.

"And now he's come here to finish the job. He has Elizabeth and Jameson so we don't figure out his plan."

"But why? Why does it matter if we figure it out?"

"Cause we'll stop it. He knows we will." Kyle stares at the wall for a few minutes, "We need to call Jules."

Getting up, Kyle quickly grabs his phone and calls Jules.

"Hey. Everything alright?" Jules asks over the phone.

"We figured out Brad's plan." Kyle says, pausing a little, "We think he's going after you and you only. There are a few reasons why he wants me, Eli, and Jameson there. 1. so we don't figure out his plans, 2. so we can watch him sacrifice you and torture us with it, or 3. he actually needs us. But I don't think it's the third one.

"I was remembering the night you got sacrificed as the way that you described it. The night you came home I remember Brad being way too disappointed when you walked through that door. Now, I understand 'Well Kyle, I'm gay so of course he would look disappointed.' But. You weren't out at that time. You came out a few months after it happened.

"I believe that since you weren't the favorite child, for both mother and Brad, he made a deal with the devil that needed you to die. So, since he couldn't do it himself because of his reputation, he looked to the three people who would gladly throw you under the bus for a large sum of money. One of them even told you that one time if I remember correctly.

"Jules. You were meant to die that day. Thanks to Liam, you cheated death. Brad wants to sacrifice you to finish the deal with the devil. You need to be fucking careful Jules." Kyle finishes, leaning into Logan who is hugging him from behind.

"Well fuck." Sam says into the phone.

...

"Am I on speaker?"

"Yeah. I didn't think you would say that so I didn't see the harm in putting it on speaker. But now I wish I didn't." Jules answers, sounding annoyed.

"Oh."

"I'm not annoyed with you so stop thinking that. But, anyway, thanks for the heads up. We'll talk more when we get back to the hotel. I'm the only sober one out of the six of us."

"Okay. Be careful. Love you."

"Love you too Kyle." 

Hanging up the phone and putting it down, Kyle turns around and pulls Logan into a hug. The pair stand like that for a few minutes until getting into bed and turning on the tv. Kyle snuggles up to Logan. While Logan pulls him in closer, too scared to let go and lose him.

~~~~

POV ~ Logan

"We're back guys." Jules says, opening the hotel door.

"Shhhh." Logan whispers from his bed with Kyle sound asleep at his side.

"How cute." Liam says, going into the bathroom.

"Why are you still up?" Jules asks, checking the time.

"Couldn't sleep." Logan answers, looking down at Kyle.

"Makes sense When did he finally get to bed?"

"A couple of hours ago."

"Ah. He could never stay awake for long."

"How was it?"

"It was okay." Jules shrugs, getting into bed.

Liam, looking like he just got done running from Michael Myers, slips into bed next to Jules. The three just sit there in silence, watching whatever crappy tv show was on at 2 o'clock in the morning. For a split second, you could tell that this is the first time none of them had a real plan on how to solve the mess they had gotten themselves into. Normally, for them at least, it's pretty easy to get out of situations like these.

Although it's not everyday that you find out your dad tried sacrificing you as a kid, Logan knew that. Of course he did. He didn't realize how much Jules and Liam's pasts were so closely connected, it's almost like the universe was demanding that they become friends. That they help each other out and would always be there for each other. No matter what.

Sometimes he wishes he could go back in time and never suggests they start a channel. Maybe his life would be easier. Maybe this past year would have been a lot better starting off.

"Do you ever wish that... that we never started this channel?" Logan asks Liam when he knows Jules is asleep.

"Sometimes. But it's very little. I'm glad we did it, hardships and all." Liam answers, casting a small smile towards Logan, "What about you? Do you regret suggesting it?"

"Sometimes. Probably more often than you. I just feel like it's gone down hill since we started. You know?"

"Yeah. I know. Some days it feels like the world is against us. But, we never let that stop us. Have we?"

Logan chuckles, "No, we haven't. Even though some days it's hard. Do you thinks it's hard for Jules and Kyle?"

Liam sighs, "Of course it is. I would be surprised if everyday they wake up, loving what they're doing. Of course, this is fun and all, but a lot of downs come with it as well."

...

'Liam?" Logan asks, turning to face his brother.

Liam hums in response, turning to look at Logan.

"The night you came home crying, was that because of Jules?" Logan asks, still making eye contact with his older brother.

"Yeah it was. That was night I found them, and found out I could see ghosts."

"Did you know Jules could always see Shadow?"

"Yep. They told me the day after about a tall hunched over shadow figure watching their every move."

"If that was the case then why did Jules tell everyone they started seeing Shadow at the same time as Emma?"

"It was easier then explaining to people that Jules could always see him. They didn't want people thinking they were a 'bad omen' because of Shadow. Once people started finding out they were almost sacrificed it was kind of hard to keep that a secret."

"oh."

"Anything else?" Liam asks, looking at his brother again.

"No." Logan answers, turning to look at the wall.

"K."

With that, Liam turns the lamp off and pulls the covers over himself. Logan follows and snuggles up to Kyle.  

~ End of Chapter ~

Word Count ~ 1090