Chapter 31 - Distant Memories

A/N ~ I swear this chapter, and book, is not going to end with them waking up and none of it happening. I'm not a fan of endings like that. This means that it is a flashback :)

POV ~ Jules

"What the hell happened?" Jules asks, grabbing their head.

"Jules? Where are you? What's going on?" Amanda asks.

Jules, still in a daze, tries to sit up and get a better look at Amanda. Seeing that she won't be much help in trying to get out, considering she is stuck in a cell across from them. Jules asks if she remembers anything up to this point.

"Not really. It's all fuzzy." Amanda answers, "What about you?"

"I remember entering the forest and realizing you were following us. Everything after that is blurry."

Feeling something on their back, Jules goes to touch their head, "Fuck. I think I'm bleeding."

"What do you mean 'you think you're bleeding?" Amanda asks, walking around the cell.

"I feel something cold and slimy on my head but it's too dark to see what it is," Pause, "I think Brad hit me over the head? With... something. I don't know, I'm trying to remember."

"Maybe if we retrace what happened up to this point things will come back to us? You know? Like instead of retracing our steps we're retracing our memories."

"Good idea. Well..."

"Logan, Kyle, wake up!" Jules yells, slapping Kyle's legs.

"Fuck off Jules.  It's to fucking early." Kyle groggily answers.

"We gotta go. Come on! Everyone up!"

"The fucks wrong with you this morning?" Liam asks, sitting up in his bed, "It's... six o'clock in the morning!"

"Yeah, and we have to be home by nine o'clock tonight." Jules answers, grabbing Kyle by the ankles and pulling him off the bed.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Jules, Liam? Logan, Kyle? Is everything okay in there?" Sam asks through the door.

"Yes."

"No."

"God no."

"Go away."

Silence. For the first time on this trip no one knows what to say. After sometime, Sam finally opens the door to see the mess that is the Phoenix's. While Logan is still asleep, Liam is in the bathroom finally getting ready. In the middle of the chaos, Jules and Kyle are arguing about waking up so early.

"Um... me and the others will be downstairs for breakfast whenever you guys are ready." Sam declares, closing the door.

"Fucking hell! Why are you like this?" Jules yells, walking around the room.

"Why am I like this? We do not need to leave this early! Why are you so annoying."

"I'm done. I can't do it anymore." Jules decides, walking out of the hotel room.

"Wow. Is that why you left in a hurry?" Amanda asks, sitting up against the wall.

"Yeah. That was the last thing I said to Kyle before..." Jules trails off, looking around the slightly lit room, "What about you? Is your memory coming back?"

"Not really. I just remember seeing you leave in a hurry with Liam close behind. Me being the nosy person I am, went to follow you guys. What were you looking for again?"