- I BET ON LOSING DOGS - striker x reader (songfic)

striker x reader

the walls of your small apartment seemed to close in on you as you sat on the edge of the worn-out couch, staring at the silent phone in your hand

the walls of your small apartment seemed to close in on you as you sat on the edge of the worn-out couch, staring at the silent phone in your hand. striker, the love of your life, had promised he would be home soon. but the hours turned into days, and the days into a week, with no sign of his return.

my baby, my baby

you held onto the hope that he was out there, fulfilling his dangerous duties, protecting you and the dark secrets you shared. each passing moment without him felt like an eternity, the weight of his absence suffocating your fragile heart.

you're my baby, say it to me

as the world outside grew dim and the shadows danced around you, tears welled up in your eyes. you remembered the tender moments, the stolen kisses, and the whispered promises of forever. striker had once vowed to protect you, to be your shelter in the storm of this chaotic world.

baby, my baby

but then, one evening, the sound of the front door creaking open filled the silence, causing your heart to skip a beat. striker stepped inside, exhaustion etched into every line of his face. his pale red skin seemed paler than usual, his yellow eyes weary and distant.

tell your baby that I'm your baby

you rushed towards him, hope flickering within your chest,

"striker, you're finally home!" you said, your voice filled with a mix of relief and apprehension. "i missed you so much."

striker glanced down at you briefly, his eyes betraying a hint of weariness. "yeah, been a long week," he muttered, his voice lacking its usual warmth.

but as you reached out for him, your touch was met with an unexpected chill. he sidestepped your embrace, his focus elsewhere. without a word, he trudged past you and made his way to the bedroom.

i bet on losing dogs

confusion and hurt swirled within you. the once vibrant love between you had faded into a shadow of its former self. striker's actions spoke louder than any words, leaving you feeling invisible and insignificant.