2. Arranged To The Son Of My Family's Mortal Enemy

"Excuse me, Mother.", my legs fall into courtesy then rapidly vacate the chamber. I lay in bed, my hands stroking my cat.

Flashback

"I can't wait til I'm competent to leave the palace.", Vannessa says, she was around 18 at the time.

"Vannessa. What are you chatting about?", I say confused.

"I want you to trust me. Do you trust me?", Vannessa tells me.

"Of course I do.", I nod.

"I love you so much, Victoria", Vannessa says smiling at me.

"I love you too", I respond, holding hands.

Flashback Over

My gaze meets Daisy, as she rubs the door. I loosen it, authorizing her to leave, then reach for my sketchbook and commence drawing. But as I'm about to pick up the pen, my hands are startled by the creek of my door. And my sights meet my father.

"Father!", I yelp, leaping out of bed, steering towards him, as he snags me into a hug.

"You look as gorgeous, as ever my beloved.", my father says, and a grin forms on my lips, but gradually fades, when he clears his throat.

"Your mother and I have substantial news to share with you.", he says.

"Alright."

"I'm pleased you're back. But I'm fatigued. I would like to rest.", I persisted. My father nods, then resigns from my chamber, and places my rounded black glasses on the table, shutting my eyes.

December 14th

The maids release the curtains, allowing the sun to beam on my complexion, rousing me up, as Daisy leaps on my bed. I sit up and extend my arms, falling into my slippers, and go to the bath prepared for me.

I wonder what my parents have to tell me.

Maybe they are sending me away.

Oooh... Maybe they are planning the funeral for Vannessa. That must be it.

I get out of my bath, put on my undergarments, and maids tighten my corset. They changed me into this red dress and put my hair in a neat puff, then I put my rounded black glasses on.

• red dress

"Are you keen?", Mother asks me

"Are you keen?", Mother asks me. I nod, and we stroll down the stairs, making our way to the palace hallway. But when we arrive, I don't see funeral decor, a picture of Vannessa, not even Vannessa's closest friends. Just one man and one woman.

"Mother, Am I mistaken ?", I whisper in her ear.

"Straighten up, dear.", mother whispers back. I straighten my back, and we clutch a seat on the tall chairs, chairs that command richness, and royalty, to talk about what. How lovely the weather is today???

"This is my daughter. Victoria Bloom. Quite lovely isn't she?", my mother says.

"Yes, indeed.", the man says, sipping his tea. I roll my eyes. Who is he? Then I recall a quotation I read. He is my family's foe. Why are we associating ourselves with him? The King of England, who stole land from numerous, and enslaved a considerable amount of our people, had our promising soldiers killed, and now we are sitting for tea like we frankly are kin of each other. Are you profound?

"Victoria, we desire you to wed our son.", the woman says, smiling at me.

......

No Way!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next chapter, you shall see why this wedding/material Union needed to happen so quickly. Stay tuned for the next. Bye!!