17. BALL PT.2

"You look fabulous, darling.", mother says, to me with a smile. Mother's hair is in a neat bun, and she is modeling an off-the-shoulder red velvet dress. Allowing her lace sweater to hang off her arms. She looks remarkable, I take a breath in, then I smile at her, and respond.

......

Thank you

January 1st
9:30 pm

• Victoria

I arrive at the ball, with my mother. As I arrive, I'm greeted by many. But my eye is only caught by Nicholas, who is currently holding a cigar in his hand, as his brown hair falls perfectly to his face. My husband. My husband.My husband. My husband. Who looks as fetching as ever? Nicholas. Just Nicholas. His eyes meet mine, but then I'm pulled away.

"Mother!", I say, annoyed.

"It's not ladylike to stare.", she responds, causing me to roll my eyes.

Nicholas

I lit my cigar while chatting with my mates. But the sound is gone when my eyes meet Victoria's. She looks astonishing. Her curls fall to her face, as she looks down. They fall to her shoulders, and I can't help but beam. Then my eyes encounter her collarbone. When I catch her beautiful necklace, everything about her is magnificent. I just want to kiss her again so bad. I desire her, more than ever. My sights meet her lips, then she is dragged away.

Victoria

I arrive back at the ball, to grasp a glass of wine then I stroll out, in the rain, that drenched my curls, and fogged up my glasses in an instant, as I gaze at the puddles of water. Until... I feel a hand clasp onto mine, and my glass is poured. I turn around to witness, Nicholas.

"What's wrong, darling?", he asks me. I turn away from him. "Leave me be, please."

"Victoria.", Nicholas nearly whimpers.

"Stop!", I say, abruptly. "Stop, behaving like we are in a substantial relationship. We are not. You are my partner on paper, is all. And that's how it should remain. Please go.", I say, causing Nicholas to laugh.

"Sorry, Am I amusing you?", I ask, annoyed, turning away from him. Nicholas rests his chin on my neck, causing me to shudder. He whispers in my ear. "You want me.", he says softly, his hands moving up my back. "And it's killing you."

I turned to face him, and he kissed me gently. I softened into the kiss and leaned into him. He swathed one arm around my waist. His lips were delicate and warm against mine in an addicting way. He was gentle; he kissed me lovingly.

My heart thumped rapidly as I kissed back, descending into the rhythm. He removes my glasses rendering me to beam.

"Lift your hips for me."

His hands voyaged my back, making me moan into the kiss. The warmth of his body so compact to mine made me feel lascivious.

"I've never done this before.", I say.

"I'll go gradually.", Nicholas says, kissing my neck.

I could sense his cologne radiating floral scent. The water droplets fell heavily on our faces, but it didn't halt us.

"My gown has a million buttons in the rear.", I joke. "I'm adequate with buttons.", Nicholas says, causing me to smile."May I?", Nicholas asks, and I nod.

He unbuttoned my dress, and untied my corset, as his hands trailed all over my body. Gradually the kiss became quicker filled with lust as we craved each other's touch. I softly moaned as his hands moved across my body in a manner that sent shivers down my spine. My moans were drowned out by the sound of the hefty rain circling us, but that didn't cease the noise from attaining his ears.

after

I sit up straight, as I extend my back. Nicholas arises, and traces my back, provoking me to look at him.

"Leaving already, darling?", Nicholas asks. I arranged my glasses on and spun to him. "We have a ball to host.", I respond, clipping my bra on. "Hustle!", I say, snapping my fingers. Nicholas tilts his head back and smiles. "Whatever you say."