25. Victoria

• Victoria

I stood there in scare as the love of my life was bleeding out. Why didn't I do something right then and there? I don't comprehend, I made an effort to move but I couldn't. I tighten my eyes wishing that it was merely a nightmare, but when I open them...  I see Nicholas' lifeless body right in front of me.

How could she?!

Her son.

Why?!!

Then suddenly out of rage, I move

......

Nicholas's mom starts to get up, I grab the bloody knife on the floor, and run up to her. I stabbed her, over and over again. Putting all my rage inside the small knife I was holding. Murderer!! Her mouth gushes for air, as blood pours out of it. She moves backward and trips tumbling out of the window and plunging to her death.

I stroll towards Nicholas, my eyes meeting his dead body and I allow myself to cry until my body can't take it anymore. I tumble to the floor, maybe it's because my wound bleeding out. Or my baby forfeiting blood but I presume it was because I realized I was all alone. We were a whole, we were one crown. And now I'm half. Half a queen, half a person, half a wife, and half a mom, merely half. I take hold of his hands, and I cry precisely more, lying in the comfort of his arms.

"I will always love you, Prince Nicholas of England.", I say, kissing his hand, that wraps around me.

I was his and he was mine but in the end, he became the angel I always told him he was. And I learned to exist without him.

finished: August 29th, 2023

last updated: September 9th, 2023