11. Christmas

One bed. There is merely one bed.

I look at Nicholas, as he lowers the bags.

"I could accept the floor if you are disturbed by sharing a bed.", Nicholas says, looking at me.

"Don't be absurd. You'll be uncomfortable. We'll share the bed. We are two mature folks, who says we can't share a bed? Unless you rest naked, of course?", I say, causing Nicholas to chuckle.

"No, I don't suppose I do.", He says. I nod, then unbutton my shirt, revealing, my black lace bralet. I take off my pants, then turn around, and see Nicholas standing behind me.

"Darling, you sleep half-naked?", Nicholas says, shocked, staring at my legs.

" Of course. Why do, I make you uneasy? If so, I could arrange a shirt back on.", I say, looking at him with doe eyes. Nicholas chuckles. "No need.", he says. I nod, then leap into bed, as Daisy romps into bed, next to me. "Goodnight!", I say, latching my lamp off. Then before I'm able to render myself. Nicholas jumps into the bed, his body on mine, I sense him tossing and turning. I turn my lamp on, to examine him. "Like what you see?", Nicholas says with a smirk, and I snag a glimpse of his messy hair and his half-naked body inches out from mine. "I did, frankly.", I say teasing him. "Did?", Nicholas says with shock, then he relaxes his face, and a smirk appears. "Am I making you nervous, Victoria ?", Nicholas questions, with a smirk. "No.", I respond. He smiles wholesomely and reaches over me, I feel his body over mine. As they press together. He turns the lamp off, and we fall asleep.

December 25th
3:45 pm

"Merry Christmas!", Nicholas says, to me giving me a cup of coffee, as I stare down at a photo of my sister.

"Alright?", Nicholas asks me.

"This is the first Christmas, that I've existed away from my sister. The first Christmas, I've existed away from home.", I respond.

"Me too. It was forever me and my mom, while my father was out on trips. I wish, I could phone.", Nicholas says. I turn my head and glance at him sincerely. "I'm so sorry, for hauling you into this.", I speak, looking down at my mug, then Nicholas grabs my hand. "Snap out of it!", Nicholas says. "Excuse me?", I respond confused." I decided to come here, it's not your fault. And if given the opportunity, I'd do it again.", Nicholas continues. I smile. "Thank you, that really means a lot.", I say. Nicholas gets up, helping me get up. "You're different.", I say.

"No, I'm the same arrogant tool, I once was.", Nicholas says, jokingly.

"I'd differed - ", I say, causing Nicholas to look at me confused. " I'd differed ——- Because presently, I don't know, whether I'd desire to kiss you, or smack you.", I say, with a smile.

"May I pick?.... I'd favor the first.", Nicholas says, I wad my eyes, and giggle. "And there he is.", I sound, with a smile.

"You're not so dire, either.", Nicholas says. "Thank you.", I say unsure.

December 25th
11:50 pm

We continue chatting, as I relax my head on Nicholas' shoulder and fall asleep.

Nightmare

Daisy, Daisy where are you? Daisy!!

Reality

I arise and scream for Daisy, and begin scouring for her everywhere. Numerous items fell to the floor, resulting in a mess, and a loud clutter sound.

"What is it, darling?", Nicholas says, rousing from his nap. Tears emerge in my eyes, as I shove through the words.

......

"Daisy is missing, I can't locate her anywhere!"

To Be Continued...

Thank you so much for 100 reads!!!