14

The immediate 'oh's' and 'wows' from Minjeong's friends and the death glare from Karina towards them especially Ryujin gave her no choice but to push herself out into the hallway.

"Karina? What are you doing here? How did you find me? You shouldn't be here." Minjeong whispered in attempt to make the quiet leave but was given a completely opposite gesture of a hug. Minjeong stiffened at the contact but eventually melted into Karina's warm embrace, wrapping her own arms around the taller girl.

"Karina, are you okay?"

"Me? Am I okay? I'm fine. Are you okay?" Karina whispered into the tiny latter's chest whose heart was being incredibly fast.

"I'm okay but you shouldn't be here Karina." Minjeong urged.

"Why?"

"My boss wouldn't like to see you here. Especially after... What happened."

The arms around Minjeong tightened with a loud exhale.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"About what?"

"About everything. I'm so sorry Minjeong."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes it is. Don't say it's not."

"It's mine."

Karina pulled back and Minjeong wasn't going to defend the slight frown that appeared on her face.

"Don't you dare say that."

Before Minjeong could push any evidence, footsteps down the corridor stopped her.

"Karina, you should really go now." Minjeong panicked while gently pushing the girl.

Seeing Minjeong's worry, Karina nodded.

"Okay but promise me you'll be safe."

"Okay."

"Minjeong."

"I promise you Karina."

"Thank you. Oh and one last thing." Karina stood up on her tippy toes and leaned her mouth into Minjeong's ear who stiffened once more.

"Don't get too close to your friends."

The older one dropped down to her heels and gave Minjeong a final innocent smile before turning off down the hallway.

Minjeong stood beside the door, collecting her thoughts on Karina's words. Maybe she misheard her? No, Minjeong was sure her hearing was fine.

The puppy shook her head like it would help get rid of the rosy blush that was surfacing onto her cheeks. With a soft smile, she went to open the door but it felt like an invisible barricade was blocking it. She shoved the door once more and this time, a few shouts came from the inside as the door flew open, seeing Aeri and Yuna on the ground beside the door once she stepped inside.

"Wh-"

"We didn't do anything!" Ningning, Seeun and Ryujin yelled in unison from the couches in pure amusement.

Minjeong furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before comprehension came upon her.

"Were you guys listening to our conversation?"

"No."

"Yes."

All of their heads snapped to Chaeryeong who awkwardly smiled from the intense stares.

"I-I meant no! Of course not!"

"Guys."

"Okay, fine. We tried to but someone." Aeri glanced at Yuna who smiled, "Kept saying 'I can't hear, I can't hear!' and next thing you knew we flew back and we were on the ground."