1 - Under the Dazzling Red Sky, I Could See.

"... And that's why the government fucking sucks!!" you shout at your friends surrounding you on the ground, slamming your foot on the poor school rooftop aggressively.

"Woaaah there, calm down," your friend laughs.

"But am I wrong?!" you sputter.

She snorts, "Hell no, the government sucks balls! Maybe teach these people responsibility instead of over-reliance on heroes."

You fling your hands into the air in a frenzied motion, "See?! She gets it!!"

The rest of your friends just hoot and laugh at your antics.

You flip your hair over your shoulder dramatically, saying, "I rest my case."

You've just spent the last hour rambling in one of your 'TedTalks' about the government system and how the over-reliance on heroes is causing severe irresponsibility in both society and the local police. After all, who needs police when there's a cool person in a cape just right over there? Now they really can do nothing but eat donuts all day...

Unfortunately, all that heated talking made you hungry. More unfortunately...

"Shit, lunchtime's over," you grumble, having not been able to eat a single bite of your lunch. After all, it's disgusting to eat and talk so quickly at the same time. Ever heard of chewing with your mouth closed? Or bad breath?

You sigh and pop a mint in your mouth, hoping to both satisfy your need to chew on something and to keep your breath from going bad (even though you hadn't eaten anything, you find that not eating also makes your breath smell).

You hold your mini compact mirror up to your face, touching up your pinkish lip tint by dabbing it onto your finger first, then patting it onto your lips to give it a nice natural color.

'Beautiful as ever,' you think to yourself in a self-satisfied way, turning your face in the mirror until you tire of seeing yourself.

The bell rings, and class begins. And so too does naptime.

***

"You wanna go to karaoke?" your friend asks.

"Nah, I gotta go job hunting," you sigh. "Got fired from the last one because I was humming a little tune and the manager got a little too interested in me. Then he claimed I was trying to seduce him on purpose so I could get an advance in pay! I mean, yeah, I asked for one last week and he said no, but that doesn't mean I meant to charm him!"

She huffs, "Girl, what?! That's so dumb. And why the Hell did he feel the need to obsess over it in the first place? Like, if he wasn't already creepy he wouldn't have spared a second thought over it since he knew it was your quirk in the first place!"

"Right?! No, because why the heck did it linger in his brain for so long that he had to fire me? Was he gonna start thinking about me more otherwise? What a creep, especially since I'm 16, amirite?!" you roll your eyes.

"Ugh, you said it," she shakes her head in disapproval. "Well, good luck job hunting. Hopefully you can keep this one for longer than two months."

"Don't remind me," you grumble.

You walk out of the doors of your school.

'How am I going to find another job?' you think to yourself. 'I really need to start saving now so I can at least afford a shitty apartment when I move out... But that can't happen if nobody wants to hire me!'

You spend the rest of your evening walking around the city you lived in, just hoping to find somewhere that would hire you.

"Sorry kid, we hire at 18."