8 - Oh Shit Run

Image - https://topratedshoes.com/product/maggie-size-1-and-up/?attribute_pa_color=black&attribute_pa_size=1

"Heyyy, you kids sure are out late- hic-!"

You push down the bile threatening to spew from your throat as you grab Todoroki's arm, walking noticeably faster.

"Wha-"

You shush him and mumble, "If we ignore him, maybe he'll go away..."

Todoroki's eyebrows knit, "But we can't just leave him like that. What if he hurt someone?"

"Not my problem..." you hiss, walking even faster. The clicks of the heels on your boots echo throughout the otherwise dead-silent streets. "I know it sounds bad, but seriously. Neither of us have a hero license, and also, I just don't wanna cause more problems than it's worth... Let's just go, and hope he gives up."

"Aww, what a pretty lil' thin'," the drunk middle-aged man stumbles closer. "Out on a date wi'f yer boy toy? Heheh... I bet you [redacted] and [redacted] and did [redacted] on 'im! What a lucky lad..."

You avoid looking at Todoroki, but you have the feeling that he just learned a few new words.

Biting your inner cheek, you grip his wrist tighter and walk even faster. You search for some semblance of human life or activity in hopes of finding an excuse to shake the guy off but to no avail.

"C'mooon, sweetheart," the man coos. "Let me show you what this old man can do fer ya, heheheh!"

"Should we run?" Todoroki whispers.

"Not yet," you shake your head. "Hopefully he'll leave on his own. If he doesn't within the next minute, then we run."

"Why?" he tilts his head.

"Because it's not worth the energy if he just decides to give up regardless..." you glare back at the older man.

Todoroki hums, "Strange philosophy..."

You choose to ignore his comment.

And then-

"Ah shit-!!"

Your eyes fly open as your ankle suddenly slips, and being in heeled boots (two-inches, you thought they were cute and wanted to show them off), you fall to the ground almost instantly. Todoroki, in all his socially inept gentlemanliness, stares at you blankly as you slowly stand back up. You clutch your ankle as the pain ebbs, "Ow... That hurts... I can't believe I cursed in front of someone..."

In the back of your mind, you think, 'What a dickwad. Couldn't even bother to help me up? Rude-ass... I'm going to remember that.'

"I don't mind," Todoroki shrugs. "Swearing happens."

"Not to me, it doesn't," you sigh, choosing to omit the fact that you do actually swear quite a lot in the comfort of your few closest friends. "Let's just go."

But as soon as you try to take a step forward, you realize that there is something stopping you from moving. Specifically, it's as if there's something tied to your ankle. The ankle that just buckled on you out of nowhere, a fairly rare occurrence might you add.

"I bet that man's quirk is restraining me," you gasp. "Well... That's not good."

"We should've run earlier," Todoroki shoots you a glance.

"Yeah, well, clearly..." you trail off.

You lean down and wave your hand in circles around your ankle. It looks strange, but you quickly determine that there is some sort of physical object restraining you. While it's small, it's certainly there. More than likely some sort of string.