2 - The Things that Happen to Us

Art Credit to Ari Suonpää (Arisuonpaa) on Deviantart.

"I'm ho-"

"No luck job hunting today, huh?" your older brother laughs. "That's sooooo sad."

You glare at him, "Shut the fuck up, you shitfaced degen! Your ass does nothing but live in Mom and Dad's basement, so don't even get me started motherfucker."

He just rolls his eyes, "Whatever, you pussy."

"Will you stop arguing for once?" your younger sister leans against the doorway. "So fucking annoying..."

"Oh come on, you aren't even old enough to be employed!" you huff.

"Well is complaining gonna help?" she sticks her tongue out at you.

"N-no..." you look off to the side.

"Great, now apologize, you two!!" she yells.

"... S-sorry..." you cross your arms.

"Yeah yeah, whatever... Sorry," he spits out.

"Shit eater..."

"Quivering pussy..."

Your sister sighs, "Best it's gonna get... Alright, we got leftovers for you." She gestures to the kitchen. "I'm going to bed..."

Your brother walks back to the basement door, "I got a raid to be at. Like now. So see you tomorrow, bitch."

"Night; bye bitch," you crack a small smile and head to the kitchen.

You heated up your sad little leftovers from today's meal. If you didn't have to go job hunting, you would've had hot food... But if you hadn't had a near-death experience, you wouldn't have met Midoriya. So, there's been ups and downs...

Speaking of, you hadn't actually responded to him yet.

You pull out your phone and quickly add him to your contacts under "Bush Boy" for his green hair.

You: Heyyyy!! Ya, you got the right number

He takes a while to respond, so you eat your leftovers.

Bush Boy: Ohh, I'm so happy I got the right number! I'm actually a littlr nervous right now. I dont' usually talkj to peopkle over the ohone.

You: ... You don have to be so formal yk wwww

You: We're friends, right? u dont have ti try and spell everything perfect or have good grammar all the time, its ok

Bush Boy: I'm sorry! It's a force of havit because I usually onky talkd to my mom so... yeah...

You: hey man its oki! ill getchu used to it, mk mk?

Bush Boy: Thanks! :)

You: *wipes tear* So pure!

Bush Boy: ...?

You: nothin nothin

You: Anyways, so...

...

You spend the rest of your night chatting with the vegetable. You learn that the Sports Festival is coming up soon. You remember you saw it once before. You fell asleep because none of the students were particularly attractive, so you couldn't pay attention.

But things were different now. You have a friend you could go watch. That would be... Fun. You could bring along some of your own friends to go watch the festival together. I mean, technically, your cousin goes to U.A., but you don't know him very well.