4 - Part of Your World...?

"Why did you order so much cheese...?"

"Because I love cheese," you shrug. You cross your legs as you eat your burger, looking awfully satisfied with yourself.

Midoriya not-so-subtly glances down at the ungodly amount of bags containing dishware you'd bought on impulse, claiming you'll 'never see it again' and that you should 'take the chance while you've got it'. He gives you a look that seems to say, 'You really shouldn't look that happy right now with your wallet as-is'. Thankfully, you don't really care.

"So... Are you sure you're okay buying all of this stuff, plus our food? I-I can pay... For some of it..." he asks, looking a little concerned.

You finish chewing, then say (while covering your mouth as to not allow any extra chews to slip through while you speak), "Bahh, I'm fine! I'm sure I'll find a new job to deal with it anyways..."

"Still... You should really learn some good saving habits," he suggests.

"... Shh," you shush him, waving off the issue. "I'll be fiiiiine..."

He looks like he's about to say something, so you stuff a bunch of food into your mouth as an excuse to say nothing more.

Suddenly, you hear a loud bang as the door behind you slams open! You hear the loud yelling of teenagers other than the two of you.

You consider it pretty normal, but Midoriya seems to go pale at the sight.

"Hey, I-I'm gonna go to the restroom..." he stand up, attempting to hide his face.

"Huh...?" you look at him blankly and lower your voice. "You know them?"

"Yeah... I used to be best friends with the loud guy... But he doesn't really like me and I don't want to cause a scene here, especially not in front of you," he admits. "It wouldn't look good..."

You shrug, "I mean, we can just go eat outside on a bench-"

"Oh look, if it isn't Deku!" the blonde's voice sounds loud.

"Weeeell nevermind!" you blink hard and shake your head.

"K-Kacchan, c'mon! I'm a little busy right now and this really isn't the time or place-!"

"I don't give a shit!! Now get out of my way!!" 'Kacchan' shoves Midoriya away from him.

"Dude... He wasn't even in your way," a redhead boy notes.

"That's exactly what I was about to say!" you exclaim, nodding with approval at the redhead. You take a moment to wonder what kind of people Midoriya usually talks to. What kind of people are in his other life, outside of you...?

"So sorry about him," the redhead laughs nervously as he attempts to block the growing conflict from your view. "Bakubro here is a little... hotheaded."

"No, really?" you sarcastically say. "What's his name? And yours, by the way."

"I'm Kirishima Eijiro, and that's Bakugo Katsuki!" he grins, his razor-sharp teeth glinting. "You?"

You tell him your name, then say, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kirishima-san."

"Nice to meetcha too! Say, how do you know Midoriya-kun here?" he asks.

"Oh well," you glance off to the side. "We met just the other day. He's a really good guy!"

"It's great to see he's making friends outside of class!" Kirishima nods. "He's usually so quiet and timid, even though he has a crazy powerful quirk."

"Really...?" you widen your eyes. "He's pretty talkative when he's with me. We went shopping before we came here and he had to talk me out of buying literally everything I saw!"