𝗪𝗘𝗧 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗭, 𝘥𝘥 𝘰𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘢

" thinkin that i'm smashin but i'm sleeping, i want it bad. "
- J. Cole

I stand alone at the party, holding my empty red solo cup in one hand while I was busy texting with my other. I kept texting my friend asking where she was, she probably went home with that guy she was dancing with. Figures, she's the type of person to drag you to a party and leave you in the dust when she makes eye contact with one guy in the room.

I roll my eyes at all of my unseen messages, closing my phone and tucking it into the back pocket of my jean shorts. Making my way to the front door, throwing my plastic cup out on the way there.

Just I am about to walk out the door someone stops me, "No way you're leaving when the party just started." I see dd speak to me. He and I only share homeroom, barely ever talking to each other, so it's weird how he is showing random attention to me.

"Yeah well my friend already left and I don't know anyone else, so I was just going to go home now." I make another step for the door, but I'm blocked by his body.

"Why don't you stay with me, I could use a partner for beer pong." he snickers at me, his eyes want me to say yes so bad, but I don't know why.

I nod my head, not really wanting to walk out of the party this early. "Alright dd, I'll stay." I smile at him, he matches mine. His plump lips separating to show a bright white straight set of teeth.

I follow him to the kitchen, people gathered around watching people throw ping pong balls into cups. The music beats through me, I can feel my heart in my head when dd's hand presses on the small of my back leading me to our side of the table.

He picks up the ping pong ball, tilting it in favour of me. "You wanna go first?" he asks me.

I grab the ball from him, flicking my wrist and letting it go. It bounces off the table, everybody watches to where it will go, my stomach dropping with anxiety as I wait to be embarrassed by the miss. To my surprise it sinks in the middle cup, plopping in the beer that it contains.

"Woo!" dd yells beside me, his hands shoot up in the air before his cold hands pull me in my the waist to hug me. Holding me in his warm embrace, his actions cut off my cheering, butterflies flooding my stomach as his loose curls tickle my sensitive neck.

His grip on my waist stays, lightly squeezing at my skin, making my body scale with goosebumps. "You good?" he asks me seeing my nervous state.

I tuck my hair behind my ear, quickly looking away from him, "Yeah I'm fine, I'm good." I stutter, seeing a light smirk appear on his lips. We bring our attention back to the guy at the other end chugging the cup of beer, throwing the red solo cup behind him and grabbing the ball to take his shot.

Unsurprisingly he gets it in the cup, causing me to have to pick up the red solo cup and chug is contents. I've never been a huge fan of beer, liquor I can take, but there is something about the taste of beer that sparks me off. Hesitating, I put the cup to my lips, my hands pulling back and forth from my mouth as I really don't want to drink it, not knowing why I allowed myself to compete in this game anyway.

"I'll drink it for you ma." dd chuckles, swiping the solo from my hand and quickly chugging the drink. The butterflies pop up again, fluttering around my entire stomach making my cheeks flush with a bright red.