Thoughts and Prayers

We arrived to the airport as Demi didnt even try to fight me as  I walked over to Charlotte andd Liv who were watching me cautiously as I walked over to them. Charlotte opened her arms to me as I just let her embraced me, while Liv wrapped around me as well. " Are you okay Cas?" charlotte asked as she still held me in her arms. I shook my head as she pulled me tighter against me. " I dont know what to do guys, Im trying so hard. Im doing everything to keep her but I lost, I lost her." I looked over in her direction as she talked to edge and Damian. " Well you have us here, well make sure everything goes well this weekend. If she wants to play stupid games cas, then let her get the stupid prize then." I saw Demi walk over to me as Charlotte stood infront of me as she got closer. " Woah Flair, what the hell." I just pushed charlotte to the side gently as I looked at Demi. I saw her eyes drop in sadness as I looked at her with no emotion, " Whats wrong Demi." she just looked at me speechless as I stood there not caring anymore. " I came to talk to you but by the look on your face I dont think its really a good idea." she hung her head down slightly as she stood there looking at all three us. I went to walk forward when Liv grabbed the back of my bicep shaking her head not to go. I just grabbed her hand as I removed it from my arm, telling her its okay. " What did you want to talk about Demi." she perked her head up as I walked up to her, she just looked at me so sadly, I wonder if its the guilt eating her alive. She just reached out for my hand as she wanted me to walk with her to the gate. " How was going out last night with the guys?" I wanted to see if she had the decency to tell me before I just let it fester in me. She just stayed quite as we walked to the gate. " It was okay, I definitely drank way too much." I mental scoffed at her comment as i just didnt look at her. " Yeah , Damian said that you went over board last night as he handed me my keys, By the way, I dont care if you take my car or use it. But i dont appreciate it when it reeks of alcohol." I looked at her as she nodded in my agreement. "Im sorry that I was an ass to you about taking your truck. I should of asked you if you minded." I just stopped responding as I  we sat by our gate, waiting to board. I felt my insides chewing against me as it hurt the most that she wont tell me that she cheated on me as I'm sure it is spreading like wild fire all over social media. Just another thing I have to handle and bury for her , in the sake of her career. I already had to have articles taken down as many people have seen her plastered out at bars and such. Here I was doing things for her, going out of my to make sure that she was protected and defended, but I give her nothing in return. If Demi knew the half of the shit I did for her, Im sure it would destroy her. I wasnt stupid either, I knew that she was joining the judgment day and she was to be a heel. I didnt care, if this is what she wanted then so be it but it was a stab in the back that she joined Edge , after everything. I once loved the idea of having Demi as a wife , to share a life with her , a family even. Now it feels wrong, I feel jaded by her , but here I am holding her hand in the airport as I know she cheated.
  We borded the airplane as I went to find my seat Demi followed behind as she wanted to sit with me. I rolled my eyes as I sat down and she sat next to me, placing her hand on my thigh. I sighed as I looked out the window watching everything going around me , barley pay attention to her or anyone for that matter. Eventually we took off, Demi fell asleep as he laid her head on my shoulders as her hand still laid on my thigh. I looked over at her as I watched her sleep, watching her face twitch slightly, I let a tear fall out of my eye as I threw my head back hoping to fall asleep or it was going to be a long flight. I woke up later to someone shaking me awake, I opened my eyes she see Charlotte standing in the alsie way showing a concerned look. I looked at her confusingly, "What? Whats going on?" she just motioned me to follow her, I gently moved Demi off of me as I got up to follow her back to her seat. " Its been released, is it true? Did she cheat?" I just rubbed my forhead as I wasnt trying to deal with the story released yet. " I dont know, she hasnt told me, but its her in the picture." Charlotte scoffed as she looked pissed. " Why do you this then. Stay with her, when she obviously doesnt care about how you feel or you in general Cas?" I just ran my hands through my hair as I just looked back over to the werstler who I barley recongized. " because charlotte, I love her more than life." she gave me a heartbroken look as she saw me falling broken. " This isnt love Cas, this is killing you. I mean look at you, You can tell you arent sleeping and that youve barely been eating. Its eating you alive and shes the cause of this. Love doesnt trump right and wrong Cas." she placed her hand on my shoulder as she watched me break the mask I had. " Oh hunny." she just pulled me into a huge hug as she rubbed my back. " I thought I was enough for her char, I mean look at how we were before everything. Demi was always smiling , always happy, wanting to be around me. We did everything together, traveling, grocery shopping, to going on dates. She spent holidays with me and my family, look even wanted to marry me. I gave her my heart and my life char, and she cheated on me with a low life chick from a div bar. The other day she was so drunk that to destroied the whole house, ripped our pictures up, broken glass every where. I picked it up, cleaned the whole house while i let her sleep because she was so drunk. I didnt even yell at her, I just did it because I love her. She hasnt told me I love you in over a month, but I tell her everyday. I take care of her when she comes on the house plastered making sure she is taken care of before i can even lay down. I go out of my way to make sure she is good, I fight or her every god damn charlotte. Then she does shit like this, where shes gentle and soft with me,and its fucking my mind." Charlotte just listened to me as I told her everything, I watched as I can see the anger boiling up in her. " I dont want to leave her charlotte, I want to be there for her because I know shes just going through something and I don't know why shes pushing me away when im the only person that could help her. Instead I get called Pathetic by her because I dont talk to her, but she wonders why." She shook her head as she leaned back into her seat. " Im going to kick her ass Cas, this is so and utterly fucked up by her. She thinks that she is getting away with everything because she shows you an once of affection. She needs to know what shes doing is killing you cas, its killing you. I just cant sit here watching you slowly kill yourself over someones actions." I shook my head as I looked down at my hand, twisting the diamond on my finger. " Thats the first thing that needs to go Cas. she didnt honor that." I let my tears fall down faster on my face at the thought of giving this ring back to her,. I returned to my seat as demi woke up as I sat down, she gave me a small smile as she placed her hand back on my thigh, rubbing small circles against the fabric. I thought about what Charlotte said to me and I knew she was right. Demi gave me affection when she felt me pulling away from her, she was scared I was going to leave her. I mean she should be scared, because she wont know how to function, we share a house, car payments, bills. Its going to be something Ill have to figure out unless she gets her shit figured out.
We landed a few hours later, as people began to get up and grab their bags. Demi stepped out first as she made room for me to get out, I walked down the alsie as she placed her hand on the small of my back. We got the rental as they gave us a truck, Demi grabbed the keys as she walked towards the rental vehicles. " Cassandra." I turned around as I saw my father walk up towards me. He smiled as he saw me but I watched his facial expression drop to a deathly one. I turned as I saw Demi pracatically shaking against me, I kinda smirked as she is picking up hints slowly. " Hey dad, how are you." He didnt speak but rather made himself big as he still looked over at Demi. " We have a press conference, grab your bag, your riding with me. I dont think Demi has a problem driving to the hotel herself. Right Demi." He shot her an eyebrow. " No its not a problem Paul." she responded softly. " Mmm its sir, you lost the right to call me Paul." I watched as Demi took a step back as she knew she really fucked up. I walked over to the truck pulling out my bag as I opened my wallet, I grabbed the company card. " Here, youll need this for the room." I handed her the card as my father walked over to us , taking the suitcase out my hand, as he placed he hand on the upper part of my back. " I should of killed her right then and there." He leaned down as we walked away from Demi. " Dad I think you scared her enough." He just rolled his eyes as he put my bag in his car, opening the door for me. " Okay, so spill the beans. Tell me everything and I mean everything." I sighed as I looked at him. " Dad, I dont want to talk about it with someone who will commit arson or better yet murder." He chuckled as he smiled over at me. " Youve lost weight, I can tell. So what did she say about the article." I adjusted myself in the seat as I looked out the window. " Nothing, she hasnt ssaid anything, hasnt even brought it up. I called the news article ans they agreed to take it down. But another publisher posted about it today, Charlotte came and showed me. So theres another thing ill have to cover up for her." He gripped the wheel tighter as he cleared his throat.  " You will do no such thing Cassandra, She needs to learn her lesson. She doesnt get to push you around and then when she fucks up, runs back to you and poust for help. I have half the mind to take her in the ring myself." I laughed as he brought up fighting her. " I think charlotte is going to be the first one to it , she is livid about everything."  We drove to the arena as we listened to music as I watched my dad sing brittany spears at the top of his lungs. " Hey after backlash, why dont you come home and see your sisters. They miss you and ask for you, see your mother maybe." I shrugged my shoulder as I thought about it, as it might actually be good for me. " I think about it dad." he looked happy that I was considering it.   We arrived at the arena , as I took all of my stuff to the main office. I looked around to see everyone setting up the stage and all of the barriers, the lights and screens. I took in this moment as I dont think ill be seeing it for a while, I think im going to take some time off and go back home taking zeus with me. " Youre leaving arent you." I turned around and saw Sonya standing there as she looked at me. I just smiled as I turned back around, looking at everything again. "Im sorry for everything that Bayley did to you all those years ago. Im also sorry for not stepping in sooner." She stood nest to me as she looked over to me, I just laughed at the thought of two years ago. " Its okay, it was 2 years ago Sonya. But to answer your question, yes im leaving. Im going back to  home for a while." She placed a hand on my arm as i turned to her. " I read the article, I hope that she gets a reality check, because if I was her. Id be worrshipping the ground you walk on. I hope you find peace Cassandra." I stared at her in shock as she walked away, people are finding out about it before I can shut it down. I walked back to my office as I opened my suit case to pull out a pair of dress pants and a long sleeved blouse. I quickly changed and put a quick face on, as I get ready for the conference. There was a knock on the door , as I opened it I saw a red rose sitting on the floor with a black ribbion, I picked it up as I looked down the hallway to see who left it. With that I left for the conference, as a few of the wrestlers walked around back stage and through the halls. I walked in the room as photographers started talking pictures of me quickly and a few people gasping. Man I guess they read the article too. My dad started the conference as he talked about what was to go on, the matches that were scheduled and how they are defining the wrestler. "What are your opinions on the Nightmare turning heel for the first time in the company?" I didnt hesitate to respond as my dad wasnt going to answer. " I think that Rhea has the potential to be the best heel that company has seen. Her character is a brutal one and she is one of the most dominant female wrestler we have. I think this will revamp her character and will only push her further in her career. Like i said 2 years ago, just you wait. Well here she is, the true Nightmare herself."  the interviewer sat down as another one stood up fast. " Rhea was caught cheating on you the other night, how does this effect her place in WWE and with your relationship?" I thought for a moment as I needed to really put personal feelings aside. " I cant speak on our relationship as its none of your business to be quite frank. But her actions from the other night have no effect in the WWE as here she is just a werslter to me, nothing more or nothing less. I dont have favorites, it only creates problems." I just stared to the interviewers as my dad spoke up. " Rhea Ripley will be having a storyline that will show you all her greatest potential, as cassandra stated she is a damn good wrestler. Im excited to see where this new storyline takes her in her career, hopefully a new title." That was the end of the conference as I went back to my office as I wanted to just have alone time and not be trapped by Demi in a hotel room. I eventually pulled out my papers and tablet as I created the schedule for the shows I wont be here for, allowing adam to have an easier time while im out. I sat in my office for hours when I finally looked at the time as it waas almost 11pm at night. I threw my pen on the desk as I saw my phone going off, Demi was calling me , lovely. " Hey, Im sorry Im not there, I was caught up in paperwork, Im on my way right now. Im sorry." The line was quite as I didnt hear her talk or honestly even breathe. " Demi" it wasnt until now that I heard her crying over the phone, " When are you coming back." I honestly didnt know how to respond as she hasnt been this sensitive with me in a month. " Im leaving right now, Did something happen Demi?" she didnt say anything as the line went dead. I looked at my phone as she did hang up, butI saw I had a message from an unknown number. " Hey, Its damian. I just wanted to let you know that Demi saw the news article and she freaked out. I tried to help her but she over drank once again. I was able to get her to stop drinking before it got even worse, but shes a mess Cassandra." I looked at the time he sent me that, almost 3 hours ago. She called me because she knew I saw the article, when ive know for over 24  now that she cheated.I grabbed all of my things as I walked out to the taxi service in the back. I walked in the hotel as I saw all the wrestlers at the hotel bar but went dead slient as they saw me walk in. They all know, Demis reaction probably cause a scene , lovely now i have to answer to that. I made it up to the room I shared with Demi, opening the doors to a pitch black room. I set my bag down as I walked further in the room to see Demi passed out in bed. I sighed as I walked over to her , as I covered her up more , plugging her phone in as she had it on the floor. I looked at her as she looked miserable in her sleep, but my eyes caught her hair. Freshly shaved , dyed Black. I walked away as I went to the bathroom, taking my makeup off and changing my clothes. I pulled out my Blue suit for tomorrow as my dad got a matching one. Walking back out to the room, I plug my phone in as I set my alarms for an early morning so I can honestly avoid seeing her. I laid down as I stared at the ceiling, thinking about how tomorrow is just going to be a mess. Charlotte wants to kill her , my dad is livid , I'm devastated and the whole universe saw that she cheated on me.  I felt the bed shift as I saw Demi moving closer to me as she placed her arm around my stomach and her head on my shoulder as she took a deep breath. I saw her face once looking miserable to looking peaceful as she laid next to me, I wonder how long she's going to let the guilt eat her alive and continue to lie to me.