Power

~Time Skip~
Rheas POV
I've been extremely worried about Cas ever since I saw her snap last week at Raw. She lost control that night and it frightened a lot of the locker room and started to make a few question her ability to handle things in the company. I've tried to talk to her about it at home but it just ended up in us having a screaming match, well her screaming and I'm listening to her.
~Flash Back~
"Cas what happened this weekend at Raw with Edge. Babe you completely lost yourself out there." I leaned against the door of her office as she was flipping through papers and looking back at her computer. " I finally had enough of him Demi. I was tired of the degradation, He said some things about my mom that crossed a huge line. So I settled it in my way that proved that I'm not the one to fuck with." She put her glasses on top of her head as she leaned back in her desk chair crossing her arms. "Cas I'm not saying what you did was wrong, if he said something that upset you then that's all fair game . But you should have called us , the Judgement Day to fight him since we have a storyline already with him." I saw the anger rise in her face, pushing back the chair and walking out of the room past me. "Cas I'm worried about you. You've never acted on emotions like this, I've never seen this side of you that's just almost evil." She stopped in her tracks , turning back around to me as she laughed. "You think i'm evil now, great. You know what Demi, I'm so sick of you trying to fight my battles and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, especially in my work. You are my wrestler and that's all you will be to me at work." I couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth, saying at was only a wrestler to her. "And what am I too outside of that." I tried to hide the fact my eyes were tearing up and my throat was burning. "I don't think you want to hear my answer." She went to turn back around but I stopped her by grabbing her wrist which she pulled away from. "Cas, look. It's been 2 weeks since she's passed away. In those two weeks I haven't been able to touch you in any meaningful way. Do you know how that feels that I can't hug my wife , or kiss my wife in the morning or when you go into our bathroom in the middle of the night sobbing I can't comfort you because you lock the door." She didn't say anything but stare at me. "So yes , regardless of if it hurts me I want your answer." She shifted her weight to her other hip. "I regret marrying you so fast Demi. I wasn't ready and I'm still not ready. I did it because of my mother, I'm still hurt from your previous actions. You know the one where you completely ignored me for months, treat me like shit , cheated on me. So yeah excuse me if I'm alittle annoyed with our marriage." She turned around and walked upstairs and down the hallway as I stood there with a knife plunged into my heart bleeding slowly.
~End of Flash Back~
I sat in our living room with the dogs as she went into the office for a few hours because she claims the dogs were being annoying. I just didn't say anything as I stopped fighting her, I just need to figure out a way to get her to break these walls . We need a break from life , from work and I want to take her somewhere romantic.
I heard a car door shut as i knew who just arrived, making my way over to the door. "Sweetheart. It's good to see you." It was Paul walking up to the door step as I let him in. "Hey Paul how are you doing?" He smiled at me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I'm hanging in there. I'm mourning but I'm better." I shut the door as we made our way into the living room. "So you said over the phone that Cas isn't doing well." He asked me with a worried face. "She's not handling this death well Paul. It's like she's flipped this major flip on me and on everyone really. She's just snapping at me for things that have hurt her in the past that I thought we have talked through enough to work past it. She's screaming at me sometimes, she doesn't let me touch her , she just pushes me away from her. She lost complete and total control at work last week with Edge, to where Charlotte and I had to get involved. I'm trying to help her in every aspect possible but she's just breaking me down Paul." I looked back over at him as my eyes welled up with tears. "Demi, I'm sorry she's acting like this.. It's unacceptable from her to unleash her pent up anger and frustration at you. I know you've made mistakes in the past but you sat there and fought for her. You are still fighting for her. She needs to learn that yes trust is a huge thing to have in a relationship but you've proved it in every single way that you can be trusted. Cas grew up under different circumstances than her sisters did, her mother was always stern with her and made her into the incredible woman she is today. But her mom pushed her a lot , and that push came a huge problem with control. Just like her mom, she had to be in control of everything in her life. Cas took a lot on her plate before meeting you because she was raised to be successful, powerful and strong. She feels powerless right now, she lost the power in your relationship, then when we got into an accident, now her mother passing. She struggling to keep herself from being powerless because then she feels like she's seen as weak." Hearing Paul explain everything to me , it was all starting to make sense to me now. She was feeling powerless and that was something for her she's never experienced before alone . "She had steph holding her hand when she felt powerless the first time, which is why she's lashing out on me. She resents me for that, for taking away her power." I could feel my stomach turning as I thought about everything now and how much she has been mentally hurting herself. "But that's not an excuse for how she's treating you Demi. You are her wife , her support system and her future. She's a grown woman that should be able to handle it like a grown woman not a 6 year old child. Her younger sisters are handling this a lot better than she is." Our attention was turned to the door being opened and the sound of heels on the floor. "Demi, who's SUV is that outside." Her voice sounded annoyed as she walked in the living room her eyes looking at mine then she heard her dad clearing his throat. "Dad, what. What are you doing here?" I stood up, as she walked over to her dad who seems like he was angry with her. "Your wife called me. Asking me to come down to visit you." She looked at me with an angry expression before clearing it at the sound of Paul's voice booming.
"You better wipe that angry look of your face or so help me I'll do it for you." I stepped back as I was taken back from how mad he got. "She called me because she is worried about you, to the extent that she can't understand why you are acting like a little child." She looked offended at what her dad said before she looked over at me. "Instead of talking to me you called my dad, to yell at me. Thanks Demi what a great wife you are." She yelled over at me as I looked between the two hot heads in the living room. "Says the one that regrets our marriage, that's annoyed by it." I spat back at her as I see her eyes go wide in fear as Paul's face went surprised. " Sit down right now Cassandra." Paul pointed to the couch as she immediately sat. " You should be ashamed of yourself right now. The way you are acting is beyond me, you weren't raised to act like this Cassandra. Your mother and I raised you to be a loving, kind and caring person. You lost your mother and I know that it's hard for you to move forward with that. But I lost my wife, I lost way more than you did Cassandra. I don't get to fall apart because I have people that need me in their lives. I don't get to treat my family like they are the scum on my shoes because I can't afford it. I LOST MY WIFE , WHILE YOU HAVE A GREAT ONE STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU." I heard His voice cracking at the last sentence as he started to breakdown himself. I didn't say anything but let them have their moment that I think Cas really needs. "Dad, I." He placed his hand up as he looked over at me then back at her. " I would do anything to bring your mother back Cassandra, but I don't have that power to do so, nor do you sweetheart. That's something you have to work through and you don't have to do it alone. Look at her, she's stepped up for you and our family more than anyone else ever has done before. She's fixing her wrongs Cassandra, she's proved to you countless times that you can trust her with your heart again. You just have to give up that power to her and let her love you the way you need to be loved right now. I lost my wife permanently to where I can't fight for her back, but if you continue this path you're on. You'll lose her too, but you'll have to watch her move on in life without you and that's the worst heartbreak to have. You need to take a break from work, mourn the death of your mother properly and enjoy your life with her as much as you can. Cassandra it's okay to feel weak sometimes, that why you find someone who can help you feel strong again." I wiped the tears from my eyes and walking out of the room as I ran upstairs closing the bedroom door behind me. I let the tears roll down my face as I sat on the edge of our bed. I can still hear Paul talking as his voice carried through the vents, faintly hearing the sound of crying in the background.