Chapter Eighteen: Two Bit tries to cook.

April 12th, 1967
Curtis Brother Household

"What you reading there, Darryl
?" Soda asked.

"Daily Newspaper." Darryl replied sternfully. "The price of eggs went down five percent."

"Nothing interesting there, then?" Soda asked.

"Of course there's interesting stuff on it." Darryl insisted.

"Oh, really?" Ponyboy scoffed. "Like what?"

"Like how the economy is going back and forth about the local stocks." Darryl grinned as if what he was saying was interesting. "Also, how cooking at home is cheaper sometimes then ordering every week."

"Oh, wow. I'm so shocked!" Ponyboy said as he put his hand on his heart and rolled his eyes back. Then faced forward.

"Well, at least I know how to cook well in this house." Darryl said pushing the topic forward.

Soda scoffed. "Have you forgot about me?"

"What do you mean?" As if Darryl was trying to say he forgot.

"That one time I cooked and it turned out perfectly." Soda insisted.

"WHAT'S UP, FRIENDS!" Two-bit yelled as he had opened the door wide opened, that led it to slam against the nearest wall before it shut.

"Two-bit." Ponyboy replied. "You really got to open the door wide open like that?!"

"I do this, all the time boy." Two-bit said as he messed up Pony's hair. "That ain't my first rodeo."

Two-bit just walked around the house like a smooth cowboy exposing his biceps on his arms.

"So, how does the cooking waters work?" Two-bit asked.

"I'm sorry, the what?" Soda asked as if he was deaf.

"The cooking waters." Two-bit said again. "You know, the item where you make stuff with water in a bowl on a mini gas wave."

"Don't you mean cooking pot on a stove?" Soda corrected.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Two-bit replied. "Who's the one always cooking?" He narrowed his eyes at Darryl. "I believe it's you preparing the food the majority of the time."

"Soda cooked once." Darryl scoffed. "It was... Okay at best."

Soda shurgged. "How dare you. I did great. You're just too upset to admit that there's more than one cook in the family."

"Oh, ho-ho." Two-bit laughed. "This is getting interesting."

"If you're just gonna stand there and laugh at us, how about you cook something for us?" Ponyboy asked.

"Oh no. Pony, that's not a very good idea." Darryl replied.

"I will cook my best and make Darryl shut up." Two-bit replied.

"Hey!" Darryl replied feeling offended. "Fine, let's go inside the kitchen."

"Let's get it on!" Soda yelled..

To be continued