Chapter Twenty-three: Washington DC

*it's been awhile since I included Johnny, so here you go. 🤗*
August 14th, 1967

"I am so excited to go to Washington DC!" I exclaimed.

"Who wouldn't be?" Soda asked.

"It's your second time coming along with me on an trip to another state." I added. "Including the rest of the boys."

"Yeah." Soda rolled his eyes. "Let's hope Two-bit doesn't act all kooky like he did when we had to catch our flight to New York."

"Haha." I laughed. "I'm almost done packing. Make sure all of you are ready to go in twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes?" Johnny asked. "I thought we had extra time."

"I thought I told you yesterday." Steve replied.

"All you said, was, "make sure you have everything ready, by the crack of morning." Johnny replied mimicking Steve's accent.

Dallas, Darryl and Ponyboy laughed.

"Just be glad I don't throw you off an cliff." Steve replied.

"Say that again, Steve." Dallas said angrily. "And I will have you hanging over an cliff if you try so."

"Bruh!" Steve yelled. "Chill, it was an exaggeration."

"Okay." Dallas rolled his eyes. "But, one mis-move and I won't hesitate to do so."

"Jeez." Steve scoffed. "Alright, alright."

"Where are we going again?" Two-bit asked as if he just got kicked in the head.

"Washington DC, you big lump." Darryl replied.

"Oh." Steve replied. "I thought we going to New York again?"

"What exactly made you think we were going back to New York?" I asked. "That second trip ain't happening yet."

"I just thought- Steve scoffed. "I could- see-

"See what?" Soda gestured.

"M-M- Steve stuttered.

"Meghan?" I gestured.

"Y-yeah." Steve replied.

"Oooo." Two-bit and Dallas snickered. "Steve's got an thing for the New York hotel receptionist? Since when?!"

"I thought you couldn't catch a date after what happened with Eve in an parking lot." Dallas replied.

"Babe." I said.

Dallas turned to face me. "Yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up." I responded.

"But-" before Dallas could continue, I put a hand on his mouth.

"No buts." I responded. "And I mean it. One more disclaimer out of you, and I won't hesitate to pull you by your hair."

With that, Dallas shut up his mouth.

"Alright, we're losing Daylight." I announced. "Let's go to the airport!"

We all walked out of the house and headed into separate cars. Me, Dallas, Two-bit and Johnny went into the first car. Soda, Ponyboy, Darryl and Steve went into another car.

"Can I drive?" Dallas asked as Two-bit was already in the driver's seat.

"No, you can't." Two-bit replied.

"Aww, why not?" Dallas complained.

"Cause you're too reckless." I admitted.

"True." Two-bit added. "You also wrecked my first car."