Chapter Twenty-four: Something Unexpected

"Riley, are you sure you're okay?" Soda asked as he sat next to me by the bathroom toilet.

"I don't think so." I complained as I held my stomach.

"You've been looking like you were about to pass out back on the plane here." Soda said in concern. "I kept asking if you were okay while Dal was holding you back from slipping off. Yet, you kept saying, "just a little tired."

"And you believed it?" I questioned.

"Honestly, I didn't, at first." Soda sighed. "But, I just let it go since I didn't want you to get mad with me."

"Soda, I can't get mad at you for checking in on me." I replied in pain.

"Yeah, well." Soda shurgged. "Friends do what they can."

All of a sudden, there was an bang on the door.

"Riley?" Dallas asked. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh no." I whispered. "It's Dallas."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Soda asked. "Tell him you're not feeling too well."

"How?" I sighed. "What about if I'm not just sick? What about if, if... I stuttered than trembled. "What if I could be pregnant?"

Soda's eyes widened. "I don't think you're pregnant though. You could just have motion sickness."

"But should I still go to the hospital?" I asked.

"Yes." Soda admitted. "But, tell Dallas. Tell him. He may be rough on the outside, but he cares about you."

"Riley!" Dallas said as he started to tremble. "I swear to God if you don't answer me, I will break the fucking door down to get to you!"

Soda helped me get up from the floor by the toilet, and he gently walked me over to the door. I opened up the door and saw Dallas in an frightened expression.

He grabbed me in his arms and started to rub my hair.

"Don't scare me like that." Dallas admitted.

"I'm here." I said.

He grabbed my hand and he gently started to walk me back to the living room, along with Soda.

"You could have scared me to death." Dallas said as he trembled a little bit. 

When we reached the living room, everyone got off their seats and looked at me like I didn't see well.

"Damn, Riley." Two-bit replied. "You sure don't look good. Do you need medical?"

"I." Riley sighed.

"Tell them Riley." Soda said.

"You know?" Darryl asked.

"I don't feel so good." I finally admitted.

"Well, I did have to hold you back on the plane, when you were about to slide off." Dallas admitted.

"I think she needs to lay down." Johnny said. "She's not looking too well."

"Yes." I admitted.

As Dallas tried his best to walk me to the bed, everything went dark and I passed out on the bed.

8 p.m.
Tulsa Hospital

"Is she breathing?" an nurse asked.

I woke up inside an building on an white bed, and I heard rattling noises.

I couldn't see very well because the lights were very bright. However, there were two figures of people. One on my left, and one on my right.

It looked like an woman. "Ma'am." I said slowly. "Ma'am."

The woman looked down at me and she looked relieved that I woke up.

"Yes, honey?" She asked politely.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Sweetie." The woman sighed. "You're in the hospital of Washington DC."

"Wait, what?" I panicked. "How did I get here?"

"Your boyfriend called." The nurse on the left admitted. "He said, "please send someone to help my girl, I don't want her to die. Please."

I turned in shock. "he, he said that?"

"Yes." The other nurse replied.

"Let's get you settled in an room, sweetie." The previous nurse continued.

The two nurses led Riley into the nearest hospital room. Room 34. The two ladies gently lifted her up on the white hospital bed very carefully.

Riley was laid down on the hospital bed, and one of the nurses gently brushed her finger against Riley's forehead.

"You're feeling a little cold." Nurse one said. "Perhaps, too much time in the cold?"

"I don't think it's just her head that feels cold." Nurse two shuddered. "Her feet are cold as rocks."

"What do you mean, cold as rocks?" Nurse one asked. "Like, frost bite?"

"Her eyes are opening." Nurse two said.

"What happened?" Riley asked.

"You woke up from an short nap." Nurse two replied.

"Oh." Riley hesitated.

"Should I check your vitals?" Nurse one asked.

The second nurse rolled her eyes. "Of course you should. Isn't that your job?"

Nurse one scoffed and started to check Riley's vitals.

"Okay, her vitals are clear." Nurse two replied.

After an few more tests, the two nurses had all the members of the gang come in, and all of them looked at Riley in worry.

"What's wrong?" Riley asked.

"Is it true?" Dallas asked.

"What's true?" Riley asked again.

"You're pregnant." Dallas whispered.

At first, she didn't believe it, but when the nurse confirmed it, she was in shock.  

"There's no I can be?" I said softly. "like how?"

"Well." Dallas sighed. "Maybe it was that one night we forgot protection."

"Oh god." Riley sighed. "I can't believe it. What is going to happen?"

"We take care of it, like we're supposed to." Dallas said.

"I." Riley sighed. "Oh my god.. I... I...