Chapter Twenty-two: Graduation Day 🎓

June 20th, 1967
High School Graduation
9:00 am

"It's here!" I shouted as I got out of my bed.

Dallas on my bedside groaned as he heard me shout.

"Babe." He complained. "Why are we so up early in the morning?"

"It's graduation day." I smiled. "Now move it, you big lug."

Dallas slowly got out of bed, as Riley got off as well. She walked into the bathroom and brushed her teeth.

Dallas came in right after her and he started to undress.

Riley's eyes widened. "Dallas, what are you doing?"

He looked at her as if she didn't know they showered beforehand.

"Uhm." He said. "Showering."

"But you're undressing while I'm brushing my teeth." I sighed.

"And is that an bad thing?" He smirked. He walked over to her, and hugged her from behind.

He whispered in her ear. "Do you wanna shower with me?" Again?"

I turned extremely red. "I don't know."

"It's fine if you don't want to." Dallas replied.

"I uh- I stuttered.

"It's not like the first time you saw my thingamajig." Dallas said with an laugh that made Riley turn more red.

"Dallas!" I snapped. "It's too early for your rizz."

"Okay, okay." He smirked as he walked inside the shower and close the curtain.

I finished brushing my teeth and put away my toothbrush.

Before I left the bathroom, Dallas slowly opened up the shower curtain and looked at me. 

"What now?" I sighed.

"He chuckled. "You sure you don't want to come in inside?"

"Definitely not now." I replied instantly. "I don't need to be thinking of this in the middle of graduation speeches."

"But you will think of it when you come home." He winked and closed the curtain again.

"Oh, god. He's so wild." I murmured to myself before I headed back to the bedroom.

I changed into my pink graduation dress with yellow flowers, with my purple graduation gown over it. I combed my hair neatly, and added the black graduation cap with the purple tassel.

I put on my black sneakers and walked downstairs.

"Dallas!" I called as I grabbed an bagel and ate it. "Get your ass down here."

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" He yelled back.

He walked downstairs in his blue jeans and white denim jacket with an blue shirt underneath, and his brown shoes.

I was adjusting my cap, when he just stood there, looking at me.

"Wow." He said breathtaken..

I smiled. "What?"

"You're beautiful." He replied.

"I, uh, thank you." I stuttered.

"You're welcome, beautiful." He winked at me as he grabbed an cookie from the cookie jar. "Shouldn't I be getting you to that graduation?"

"Yes, Dallas." I giggled.

We left the house, and Dallas had closed the door behind us. We walked to his car, and he opened the door for me.

"Your carriage awaits, my lady." Dallas said as he giggled a little bit.

I went inside the car and he closed the door. He walked to the other side of the car, opened it, went inside and closed it as well.

Knowing how reckless he is, I put on my seatbelt and I made sure he did too.

Tulsa High School
They drove all the way to the high school, and Dallas had parked his car.

He opened the door as I got out, and he closed it behind me.

He put my arm through his, as we walked to the back field of the building.

All of our classmates and friends were sitting on the sits. The boys graduation gowns were the color orange, and their caps had an white tassel. Most of them had suits or denim jackets, only difference, they had their gown on top of it.

I spotted Cherry and Marcia and walked over to them.

"Hi, girls." I smiled.

"Hi Riley." Cherry replied.

"Graduation Day is finally here." Marcia said. "Our last day of high school ends today, right after graduation."

"Yeah." I sighed. "Can't believe it's been about three years since I met you both. Including Dallas right here, and the rest of the gang."

"Well, no matter what happens." Cherry said as she took her hands into hers. "We will always remain friends, have more crazy adventures than you could even imagine."

"I suggest that's true." I chuckled. "Let's sit down now."

"Dallas." Marcia said.

"What?' Dallas asked.

"You know you're supposed to wait by the bleachers right?" Marcia pointed.

"Why?" Dallas sighed.

I turned to Dallas. "You didn't pass school, and plus you don't really care for it. Which is fine with me, but you're not graduating. You have to sit there."

Dallas frowned for an second, but took an deep breath and relaxed. "Alright." He smiled.

He walked to the bleacher seats as Riley sat down with Cherry and Marcia. Everyone else in her class or some people she seen in the hallway, were chatting about some juicy shit she didn't care for.

The principal had walked up to the stand and faced all of us.

"Attention, class of 1967." Principal Resfiro announced. "I am glad to announce you made it to your final year of high school. Those of you who wish to pursue an career in anything you like, I wish you all the best."

An few minutes, he called everyone's name one at a time and they walked up to the stage and shaked the principal's hand.

"Now you all have done so. Take your caps off and throw them into the air." Principal Resfiro announced. "Class of 1967, happy graduation!"

After the ceremony, we hugged our friends and went home.

"That's fun.." I said as we were driving home.

"Yes." Dallas said. "I have news for you."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I got tickets for you and the gang to go to Washington DC." Dallas grinned.

"Really?" I gleamed.

He showed the tickets as proof.

"That's really sweet of you." I smiled.