Prologue

2030. 12 years ago

A lone deer trots in the green forest, the cool spring breeze blowing through. The deer suddenly stops in the middle of the clearing in the forest and leans in to munching on pieces of grass. Moments later, a leaf cracks and the deer raises its head, quickly. Its ear twitches as it tries to hear for anything else unusual. Suddenly, a loud gunshot echoes through the forest and the deer falls over dead. Brock walks up to the deer then lets out a whistle.

Brock: Holy shit....

A young girl about in her mid 20's with blonde hair, wearing Zeus Corps armor, walks up to him.

Rory: How'd I do?

Brock: Helluva shot, girl. Right in the head. You're a quick learner.

Brock kneels down to look at the deer.

Rory: I had a great teacher.

Brock: I don't know. I think you've secretly been teaching yourself.

Brock stands up, touching Rory's shoulder.

Brock: Seriously, though. You did good, Rory.

Rory: Thanks, Dad.

Brock: Also, everyone's gonna love ya for bringing such a win back to the base.

Brock and Rory begin to seal up their masks when suddenly, a loud growling noise is heard.

Rory: You hear that?

Brock: Sshh...

Rory: Split up.

Brock: Hey, I'm the Dad here. Shouldn't I be telling you what to do?

Rory and Brock drop the dead deer and search around when Brock discovers claw marks on a tree.

Brock: Shit....

Rory: What is it, Dad?

Suddenly, a grizzly bear bursts out of the woods and claws Rory's mask, scaring her face and lower chest as well.

Brock: Rory!

Brock steps in front of the bear and shoots at it, having little affect. The grizzly bear swats at Brock, who dodges and shoots, but the grizzly bear swipes Brock­'s shotgun away. Brock pulls out his blade just as Rory removes her damaged mask.

Brock: Alright, you big fucker. Come on.

Just before the grizzly bear can attack, Rory jumps off the upper forest area and stabs the bear in the back of the head, killing it. Rory recovers from the fall, before tending to her wounds.

Rory: Goddammit! Fuck!

Brock tends to Rory's wounds.

Brock: You okay?

Rory: I'm fine....

Brock: Sweetheart....that was a good thing you did, but you could've seriously died...you've got to--

Rory: "Think before you act" I know....

Brock: Glad to see I'm getting through...just wish I could get through a little more...don't worry. David will still find you cute with those scars.

Rory: What?

Brock helps Rory on her feet.

Brock: Just noticing how David's been nice to me all of a sudden, especially when he's around you.

A voice calls from up ahead.

David: Sergeant Brock!

Brock: Ah...speak of the devil!