Chapter 9: Killing Grounds

Rachel, Hunter and Kayla are walking through the forest when they hear whistling.

Kayla: What the hell?

Kayla turns to Rachel and Hunter.

Kayla: You hear that?

Hunter: Yeah...

Suddenly, Rachel is knocked back with an arrow to the shoulder.

Hunter: Rachel!

Kayla and Hunter go over to Rachel, and they hide behind this ridge.

Rachel: Fuck!

Rachel looks at her right shoulder to see an arrow sticking through it.

Hunter: Okay, hang on. Hang on.

Hunter grabs the arrow then looks at Kayla.

Hunter: Cover her mouth.

Kayla nods then comes up next to Rachel and covers her mouth.

Hunter: Alright, count of three. One...two...three!

Hunter yanks the arrow out of Rachel's shoulder and her screams are muffled from Kayla's hand. Hunter gets arrow out and then tosses it aside. Rachel puts her hand over her wound just as they hear more whistling and small murmurs of people. Kayla removes her hand from Rachel's mouth and she nods to them. Kayla raises her head up to look over the ridge then ducks down.

Hunter: What is it? Olympians?

Kayla: No...people dressed in black raincoats....they have crosses branded on their foreheads. I think this is a different group. Probably the same group that did all that religious graffiti.

Rachel: What do we do?

Hunter looks over the ridge, trying to think.

Prophet Soldier: Spread out.

Hunter looks around.

Hunter: This way.

Hunter gestures to this side and the trio make their way down to the side. As they try make their way, they can hear the Prophets whispering to each other almost as if it was Morse code. They try to sneak around when one of the Prophets pop up and grab Hunter.

Hunter: Hey! Let me go, asshole!

The Prophet whistles, loudly, before Rachel and Kayla take him out, but it is too late. The sound arrows coming towards them along with footsteps.

Hunter: Run!

The trio run, but at one point, the three of them split off and Rachel ends up alone. She keeps running and dodging the Prophets until she is hit the butt of a rifle, knocking her out. Hunter runs out of the woods to see Kayla and Rachel nowhere.

Hunter: Shit!

A couple of Prophets started to come out of the woods.

Prophet Soldier: Over here! The boy's over here!

The Prophet soldier points at Hunter, who runs off towards another section of the suburbs as they chase after him.

Hunter: Fuckin A, dude!

Hunter jumps over a wooden fence and makes his way through the backyard of a house when he hears voices up ahead.

Hunter: Fuck.....

Hunter goes and ducks in cover when he hears a couple of people talking when suddenly there were whistles of the Prophets.

Olympian Soldier: Locusts! Over here!

A gun fight ensues between the Prophets and the Olympians.

Hunter: Yeah, kill each other, assholes.

Hunter looks through the window to see three Olympians shooting at the Prophets that were chasing him. As he watched, Hunter's heart began to race and he tried to figure out where Kayla and Rachel were.