Chapter 19: The Prophet Island

At the Olympian Home Base, the Olympians prepare for the final assault as Stephan approaches Rory, who looks around, but turns her head to Stephan, who hands her the assault rifle. In San Francisco, Kyle, Shawn, Sarah, Cassandra, Caleb, John, Elizabeth, Hunter and Elizabeth make their way to the abandoned city, where they locate a parked plane covered in vines. Shawn's eyes widen as Kyle smirks.

Kyle: This is how you guys got here?!

Elizabeth: Yep. I know how to travel in style.

Meanwhile, Rachel and Nick make it to the Prophet Island and notice that there didn't seem to be anyone near the edge of the island.

Rachel: Where is everyone? No guards?

Rachel and Nick get closer.

Nick: They don't use this corner of the island.

Rachel: Do you know where prisoners are held?

Nick: Yes...further into the island.

Rachel: How far is it?

Nick: We'll take the back trails. They won't see us.

Rachel sees a view of a massive village of wooden buildings, almost like a large city of its own.

Rachel: Whoa, is that your village?

Nick: No, that's Babylon. Ours is further inland.

Rachel stares at the view.

Nick: Don't hang about. They might see you.

Rachel follows Nick. Further inland of the island, Jacqui is brought to the center of the a wooden pyre, which is being drenched in gas by two other Prophet men. Jacqui struggles against the men bringing her to Jedidiah, who stares at Jacqui with immense disappointment, but then smirks, before turning to the other Prophets.

Jedidiah: Fellow children of the Prophets! We gather here today to witness the cleansing of the Virgin Mary! This sinner must be punished for her crimes against the fellow Prophet law-

Jacqui: You're all fucking crazy! Every last one of you! Fuck you, Jedidiah and your laws. You wanna burn me; then burn me....but just let me see my mom. Please. Give me that.

Jedidiah walks up to Jacqui.

Jedidiah: Your mother did not wish to be here, child. She told me that when I captured you, not to let her see you.....cause she was so ashamed that her daughter. Her own flesh and blood did not follow the traditions of our ways. So in otherwise, I'm granting you the mercy of looking into the shame and embarrassment I saw in her eyes.

Jedidiah leans in close.

Jedidiah: She and I did talk, though. The time has come to make your choice. Yet even now it is not too late for your salvation, girl. You can be saved from the earthly flames and the ones in hell. You chose to be mine, or you will burn.

Jacqui spits in Jedidiah.

Jacqui: Go to hell.

Jedidiah: So be it.

Jedidiah steps back and nods to his two men holding Jacqui, before dragging her to the wooden pyre.

Jacqui: No! No! Get off me! Get the fuck off me!

Jacqui screams in rage as her screams are heard by Rachel and Nick, who turns to Rachel.

Nick: You hear that?

Rachel: Jacqui.....and she didn't sound far either.

Nick: We have to hurry...

After walking for a few minutes, the two hear a loud sound and Nick stops in his tracks. At the gathering, Jedidiah, Jacqui and the other Prophets look around.