Chapter 5: Olympians

In the Outlands, Caleb is resting in the back while John is driving. Caleb awakens, tapping John's shoulder.

Caleb: Hey, you sure you don't want me to drive, man?

John: No, I'm good...need to drive...need something to focus on...

Caleb climbs to the front of the truck and sits in the passenger seat.

Caleb: You know, I really do appreciate you wanting to come with me.

John: Needed come closure after the war with Wes and Tobin. It's been four years, but I was the one who put Melanie down. She died, but came back.

Caleb: It's hard....watching someone you love die or having to kill them....believe me; before Berrington, we've had that experience.

Suddenly, a tree falls, blocking their path.

John: Shit!

John stomps on the brakes as the truck stops. Caleb and John step out and check on the tree that feel.

Caleb: Well?

John: I think we can move this with just the two of us. We'd need more people...shame our truck doesn't have a wench. It's just what we could use to—

Caleb: Oh, fuck....

A group of infected begin to pour into the area and close in on Caleb and John.

Caleb: Hold out!

John and Caleb fight off the group of infected, before suddenly, a Skinner attacks Caleb, knocking him into the truck. Caleb holds off the attack, when suddenly, the Skinner is shot down with a crossbow. Armored men on horses arrive and take down the infected, before approaching Caleb and John.

Balthazar: Trespassers. Identify yourselves, immediately.

John: Easy there. We're of no trouble. My name is John Stone...

Caleb: And I'm a friend of the Outlanders. My name is—

Elizabeth: Caleb Michaels....

Elizabeth gallops up to Caleb, before stepping off her horse and approaching her, smiling.

Elizabeth: You shaved your beard.

Caleb: Told you the next time I see you, I'd look much more cleaner.

Caleb turns to John.

Caleb: This is my friend, John. He's from Berrington.

Elizabeth: Berrington? You've found a home.

Caleb: Yes, but I wanted to keep my promise to come visit you when we did.

Elizabeth: It is good to see you again...and it is nice to meet you, John.

John: You as well, Queen Elizabeth.

John bows, making Elizabeth laugh.

Caleb: Dude, what are you doing?

Elizabeth: Oh, you don't need to bow. We're not a kingdom. Please, follow me.

Elizabeth transports Caleb and John to the Outlands. At one of the Olympian Outposts, a football stadium, Rory is in the library sleeping with a book in her hand just as Alfred awakens.

Alfred: Rory...Rory...

Rory, startled, awakens.

Alfred: Whoa, whoa, hey....it's just me. You good?

Rory: Yeah, just..

Rory sits up.

Rory: What's up?

Alfred: Been searching everywhere for you. We're being called up. Stephan wants us at home base.