Chapter 18: Memory Lane

At the Olympian Home base, Stephan stands in front of the gathered Olympians. Rory stands to his left.

Stephan: You all deserve an applause. You all played a part. For two weeks, I thought after our return from Berrington, that Kyle Desipich was dead....but I was wrong. He came to Berrington and slaughtered several of our people.....brothers...sisters....friends...lovers....fathers....mothers...

Rory thinking of David and Hannah looks down to the ground and shuts her eyes.

Stephan: Now, we have accomplished what I failed to do two weeks ago. And now, we still have our goal......to eradicate Jedidiah and the Prophets from the face of this Earth. The storm is still approaching and tomorrow, we attack the Prophet island and we kill every single one of them. Every one of those bastards that have chosen to be poisoned by Jedidiah and his mislead teachings. San Francisco will be the Olympians!

The Olympian Soldiers cry out and shout in joy and war cries, before Stephan exits the front of the audience with Rory grabbing his arm, causing Stephan to turn to her.

Rory: Thought you gave Jedidiah your word that if he helped you kill Desipich that you wouldn't attack the island....

Stephan smirks.

Stephan: I needed him to think that we had came to an agreement. Made him vulnerable. Now that he is, this is our chance. It's no slaughter.

Rory: That is a slaughter, Stephan.

Stephan looks down, then looks at Rory.

Stephan: It's the only way.

In San Francisco, Kyle and the group have hot wired a few trucks and driven to the now abandoned and discarded Prime Kronos Facility. Kyle, Shawn, Sarah and Cassandra all sigh at the sight of the facility.

John: What the hell is this place?

Chris: Wait....this is where it happened....isn't it? The final battle of Kronos.

Hunter looks at Kyle.

Hunter: This is where you lead bandits like Blood Hogs and Raiders to take down Kronos. It's...

Kyle: It's a nightmare coming back here....

Shawn: Yeah, I know the feeling, too....

Caleb looks down.

Caleb: I should've been here....fighting the fight with you guys.

Kyle looks at Caleb and approaches him.

Kyle: Caleb, you were hurt. You were in no condition to fight.

Caleb: Still, man....I could've helped.

Kyle places his hand on Caleb's shoulder.

Kyle: You're here now, helping us.

Elizabeth touches Caleb's back.

Elizabeth: And I'm here with you.

Caleb turns to Elizabeth and smiles.

Caleb: Thanks....

Kayla: Okay, we should get Peter inside....

Margaret groans, clutching her bite, before Cassandra turns to her and rushes to her aid.

Cassandra: Margaret!

Kayla helps Margaret as well.

Kayla: Hey...hey...we're here....

Margaret: I'm fine...save your strength....

The group walks through the gates of the Prime Kronos facility, where Kyle and Shawn immediately notice the discarded and impaled corpse of Ryder. Rachel gasps.