Epilogue

Two Years Later

In her home, Cassandra is staring down at James goggles, before a baby coos, gaining her attention.

Cassandra: Hey, Colin. What you doing?

Cassandra stands up and picks up her son, before she walks out of her house, waving a saying hi to her neighbors. Eventually, Connor stops by, a letter in his hand.

Cassandra: Morning, Connor.

Connor: Morning, Cassandra. He's getting big!

Cassandra: I know! Soon he'll be strong enough to pick up his mommy!

Connor laughs.

Cassandra: What's up?

Connor: Got a letter for you.

Cassandra: From who?

Connor: Doesn't say, but it just says it's for you.

Cassandra takes the letter. After Connor leaves, Cassandra rips open the letter and begins to read.

"Cassandra, I hope you can catch on for who this is. I know I said it already and it's been two years, but thank you again for what you did on the island. If I'm honest, part of me thinks you should've just killed me. I know you and I will never see each other again and even if we did, we wouldn't know how to exchange words over what happened. I know you can never forgive me for what I've done. I know what I took from you. From your son, but I just wanted to say I'm grateful for this chance you've given me. The kid's doing great, by the way. She's alive and well. She misses her brother, but she uses what she went through to help the younger kids here. She says that's thanks to me, but it's also that's thanks to you, too. Hoping you're staying alive in the ruined world-Rory"

Cassandra, nods, reading the letter in appreciation.

Days Earlier

At the New Kronos Outpost, Rory is sitting at a beach with the waves crashing at her bare feet, writing the letter, before she puts it into a bottle and sends it floating. Rory smiles and takes a breath, before Jacqui, whose hair has grown, joins Rory and sits down with her.

Jacqui: Think she'll get the letter?

Rory: I don't know, kid....I hope she does.

Present

Meanwhile, Hunter is sitting on his bed flipping through a photo album he made sometime ago. Photos of Rachel, Kyle, Sarah and the rest of the group. He smiles as he looks through all the photos that were taken. Hunter lets out a heavy sigh and sets the photo album to the side before getting up. He then walks out of the room and looks around the place, still not believing how lucky he is to find a home, a farmhouse. Hunter makes his way down the stairs before he shouts.

Hunter: Babe, you there?

Rachel: In the kitchen!

Hunter smiles as he makes his way to the kitchen, where he sees Rachel standing in front of the sink.

Hunter: Hey.

Rachel: Hey, yourself. Can you set the table before everyone gets here?

Hunter gathers up the plates and silverware before heading to the table. Hunter finishes setting up the table then looks over to see the record player by the wall, before he smiles and goes over to it and picks up a record and places it in the player. After getting it set, Hunter starts to play it and music starts to play.

Rachel: Oh, I love this song!

Hunter smiles and chuckles.

Hunter: You are easily pleased.