𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆

I finish zipping up the back of Lucero's wedding dress as she stares at herself in the mirror

I finish zipping up the back of Lucero's wedding dress as she stares at herself in the mirror. The zipper is a little bit harder to pull up this time.

I want to ask her if she's put on a little weight but I don't want to come off as rude.

A radiant smile forms on Lucero's face as she looks at the dress. It took me four months to make and perfect the dress so I'm hoping she loves it. I get down on my feet, fixing the tulle lace sweeping train.

"Amara, this dress is gorgeous! It's everything I wanted," she says happily. "Thank you so much," she turns her head to look down at me, her eyes starting to water.

"Don't cry, Luz. This is like your third time crying today," I laugh, getting up from my feet to look at her reflection in the mirror. She looks absolutely stunning.

She rolls her eyes at me and looks back at the mirror, admiring every lace embroidered detail. "I'm just sensitive right now that's all," she huffs and I nod in agreement.

"Lucero, I don't want to come off as rude but I need to know so I can make any alterations on the dress. Have you gained just a little bit of weight?" I hesitantly ask and she lowers her head a bit, trying to hide the small smile forming on her lips.

"Lucero?" I ask her, confusion written all over my face.

She lifts up her head and looks at me through the mirror. "I was going to tell everyone after the wedding," she explains and my eyebrows furrow.

"Tell everyone what?"

"I'm pregnant," she smiles in pure bliss and places her hand on her stomach.

My eyes widen and I immediately pull her into a tight hug. "Oh my god! Congratulations!" I squeal and she laughs, returning the hug.

"Thank you but please keep it a secret. Emilio doesn't know and I want to surprise him," she says and I nod. Emilio will be more than happy when he finds out.

He's been wanting another kid for a while.

"Wait, does that mean only I know?" I say with excitement.

"Technically, my doctor knew first but yes, you are the first person I've told," she laughs and my smile grows wider.

"Can't believe I'm going to be a tía again. I already know I'm going to spoil them," I tell her and she sighs.

"You already spoil Elijah and Julian," she complains and I roll my eyes.

"Because I adore them. So, I'm going to spoil this one too," I hum and she turns back towards the mirror, rubbing her stomach.

"You know, I can't wait until you have kids so I can spoil them too," she happily says and my smile fades away along with my joyful mood.

Ms. Hidalgo, I'm sorry to inform you, but you suffered from a miscarriage