𝗗𝗮𝗱𝗱𝘆 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁

"Yes, I'm already at Lucero's, baby," I sigh heavily over Dario's protectiveness

"Yes, I'm already at Lucero's, baby," I sigh heavily over Dario's protectiveness. There was an accident on the freeway so he wanted me to call him as soon as I got to Lucero's house.

"I miss you," he groans and I laugh, shaking my head as I get out of my car.

"We had breakfast together this morning and we just had lunch together," I tell him and he stubbornly huffs.

"That's not enough. I want you with me every second of the day," he complains and I nibble on my bottom lip. Someone's clingy.

But honestly I feel the same way.

"Lola is staying at Cameron's tonight. Spend the night with me," I tell him, placing my bag on my shoulder as I walk towards Lucero's house.

I should have parked closer.

"Are you asking me or is that a demand, Ms. Hidalgo?" My body shivers at the sound of his husky voice.

"It's a demand, Mr. Cruz," I tease, smiling at the guttural groan that escapes his mouth.

"If I spend the night, can you try on one of the lingerie sets I bought you?" His voice is low and rough. My stomach flutters with butterflies.

"Dario-"

"Hija," A familiar voice calls out to me and I freeze, slowly looking up to see my da- Enrique standing just a couple of feet away from me.

He looks different...he doesn't look anything like himself.

He looks like a mess.

His usual combed hair is a mess and it's more gray than brown.

His eyes have dark bags under them, as if he hasn't slept in years.

And he's formed way more wrinkles.

Enrique sends me a sad hesitant smile as he tugs the little boy that he is holding closer to him. I can feel my blood begin to boil. What the hell is he doing here?

Why is he here?

"Baby? Is everything alright?" I can barely hear Dario's worried voice because I'm too focused on Enrique and the little boy that's with him.

Is that...is that his son?

"I'll...I'll call you back," I breathe deeply, hanging up just when he was about to say something.

"Hija, just-"

"Don't call me that," I sternly tell him, trying to keep my cool in front of the toddler that is curiously looking at me. "You don't get to call me that, not after everything that you did." My voice cracks but I cover it up with a cough.

He gave me to him.

He gave me to Ricardo as if I meant nothing.

He traded me.