Chapter 6

No TW for this chapter, enjoy!

--

It was only the third day of school, and Vallerie could already see the hoards of reporters surrounding the school. They sent Adeline a pleading look, Please do NOT make me go through that. Adeline just looked away and unlocked the doors, waiting for her to get out. She did so as slowly as possible, glaring at her caretaker the entire time. She managed to slip through the crowd unnoticed for a while, but just as she was steps away from the safety of the U.A. gates, a microphone and camera was shoved into her face, along with a nosy news reporter.

"What's it like having All Might as a teacher?"

Vallerie froze, so many cameras were pointed at them, and microphones prodded them for an answer. She felt panicked, trapped, very not nice. Her breath quickened and she desperately tried to think of an answer. "Um...Hello there. The weather's nice today, huh?" She chuckled nervously before frowning and running off like a scared mouse, merging with energy to get inside the gates as fast as she could. The moment she was inside she resisted the urge to scream at herself. It was like someone asked her what they thought of her food and she responded with "I like flowers!" She didn't even know if the cameras were live or not! She really hoped that they weren't

Viktor was going to laugh his ass off at her if they were. Vallerie threaded their fingers through their hair and squeezed as tight as they could, maybe the pain would distract her from how stupid she made herself look.

She had calmed down by the time class started, mainly through music and some deep breaths. The day started with Mr. Aizawa giving them some critique about their fights yesterday, both Bakugou and Midoriya got the most negative reviews, which was fair. Their fight was a mess, an entertaining one but still a mess.

After that, he spoke a sentence that made the entire class freeze, "Let's get down to business, our first task will decide your future." Vallerie leaned forward in their seat, listening intently to whatever their teacher had to say. "You all need to pick a class representative." Oh, so not that serious. Vallerie thought they were going to choose Hero names or something, now that would've been something that decided their future. Instant yells filled the air, it seemed everyone thought they were a perfect fit for class president, even Bakugou joined in, Vallerie snorted and instantly hid the sound behind a cough, getting her a fierce glare from Bakugou.

It was hilarious how confident he was, Vallerie was certain he would become class representative when pigs made it to the moon. Maybe it could happen, but that was highly unlikely, just like his chances of getting class president. Vallerie raised her hand quietly, she didn't really want to be class representative, but it might be a way of getting a bit closer to the teachers, and Adeline told her that no matter how uncomfortable it might make her, she had to take any opportunity that would make her trustworthy in the eyes of all U.A. Iida's voice shouted louder than all the others, and Vallerie turned to look at him, mentally praying for him to sit down and be quiet.

Vallerie would have preferred it if they just let the teacher handle this instead of trying to do it themselves. It would save her a lot of anxiety. "The class representative's duty is to lead others! That's not something that just anyone can do! You must first have the trust of every student in the classroom, therefore, the most logical way to fill this position is democratically, we will all vote to choose a leader!" Although that was the most logical path, it was clear that Iida also just really wanted to be class representative. "Is this really the best idea?" questioned Denki, Asui also pointed out, "We've only known each other for a few days, how do we know who we can trust?" Very good point.

Vallerie trusted zero people in this class, she hoped nobody trusted her either, she was literally here to kill her own Mother. Kirishima said that everyone would just vote for themselves, which was true, Iida retaliated by saying that that means the person who has the most votes from others means they really are the one suited for the job. Not super true, maybe the people that voted for them talked to them just a little bit more than the rest of the class, so out of anxiety they just went with the safest option. Aizawa made it clear he didn't care by stating, "Do what you want as long as you decide before my nap is over." and then he fell over and passed out on the dirty floor. Vallerie was tempted to shake him awake, who knows how this thing would go without adult supervision, everyone might start going crazy and yelling at each other, or even worse! This was uncharted territory, it made her nervous.