Chapter 6

The first day of school brought mixed emotions. I was excited for senior year and getting to know Myles. Yet, I couldn't help but remember that Trevor wasn't here to complete his senior year. He'd never complete high school. As I trudged down the steps, I shook the feeling out of my tired body. Today, I'd try to start fresh, embracing the memory of Trevor like his mom had told me.

"First day, bitches!" Hanna screamed as Cyrus and I entered the school hallway. Mostly everyone we'd passed on the way in gave us apologetic looks, which I ignored. Cyrus was the captain of the football team and Trevor had been on that team, so he was popular. Everyone had known him.

"Take a picture." Cyrus snapped at a boy staring at him.

"Just ignore them," Hanna told us. "Come on, guys. Get excited. It's our senior year."

"See you guys later." Cyrus said before leaving, "I've got AP Environmental Science first period. I can't be late."

Though most jocks were considered giant morons, Cyrus crushed that stereotype. Not only were all his classes AP but he also took weekly courses at the state college.

"I am excited." I said, as we started walking, "This year will be good."

"Because of the mysterious Myles showing up." Hanna smirked, skipping beside me. "You didn't tell me he's hot."

"Is he?" I asked. sarcastically.

Both of us stopped, our eyes fixed on the locker that had belonged to Trevor. On the last day of school, it had been littered with teddy bears, pictures, cards, and candles. But now it was swept clean, the hallway clear of clutter.

Suddenly I remembered two years ago on the first day of our Sophomore year. Trevor had been so excited to have a locker next to mine. We used to use the time between classes to catch up on anything. Even if there was nothing, we'd create it. At the time, none of us could've anticipated his death. For the first time, thinking about him made me smile.

Hanna smiled too, "He'll be forever missed by us."

As the day dragged on, I started to wonder if Myles had shown up today. When I entered the cafeteria, my heartbeat increased when I saw him sitting with Hanna and Cyrus. His eyes searched the room until they landed on me. His smile grew as he waved me over.

"Guess who has all of my classes?" Cyrus asked when I sat down. The cologne Myles wore filled my nostrils, intoxicating overwhelming me. I turned to my friends, trying to hide from his stare.

"Being smart is the new sexy." Hanna said, biting into her corndog. "Cyrus is an exception."

"Ha ha." Cyrus said playfully. "Where do you even put all of the food you eat?"

"How's your first day?" I asked Myles ignoring their bickering.

He shrugged, "Not as bad as I thought. Cyrus' popularity seems to be helping me out."

"Remy has been all over him." Cyrus told me, his eyebrows raising in a suspicious manner.

Remy was captain of the cheerleader squad. After Trevor's death, she had a breakdown, switching schools. Although Hanna and I were also on that squad, I'd never liked Remy. She would always try to take Trevor away from me. There were multiple occasions where I caught her trying to seduce him around the school. Confrontation was not a strong point of mine, so I trusted Trevor not to be seduced by her. That was until the night of the accident...

"What's she doing back here?" Hanna asked, her face looking as if she ate something bad.

"I'm not interested in her." Myles said clearly, "For some reason, she seems to think we're best friends. Look."

The Very Thought of YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara