Chapter 10

After talking to Hanna, I decided that confiding in Cyrus was a good idea. I'd been carrying this by myself the entire time. And now that Hanna knew and Myles partially knew, I felt it was only right not to keep him in the dark.

As I told him, his eyes were wide, and I couldn't read the emotion behind his expression. When I was done, he slammed his fist into the locker, leaving a dent.

"That bastard." He spat, "How could he do that to you. I wish he were he so I could beat the crap out of him."

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Cyrus. I didn't want you to taint the memories you had of him."

"Ellie," he said, hugging me. "You're like a sister to me. Trevor was my best friend but what he did is inexcusable. Do you know how many times I grilled him about Remy?"

I shook my head, "You never said anything to me."

"Because I always said it to him." He sighed, "I should've done more. That moron."

I laughed a little, happy that Cyrus had had my back even then. He leaned against the set of lockers, shaking his head in distaste.

"And now she's creeping up on Myles. You'd better not let that happen." He said, pointing his finger at me. "I'm serious, Ellie. You've got to stick up for yourself."

"Its just a coincidence that she likes Myles," I believed, leaning beside him. "She doesn't know anything."

"Still." He told me, "Anyways, I'm glad you told me everything. Hanna's been avoiding me since the beach. I figured something was up."

"How's that going?" I asked, trying to get some information out of him. like Hanna, he refuses to admit his feelings too. A smile spread across his face, and he shrugged.

"Since we're spilling secrets, I guess I can tell you that I'm in love with her." He admitted.

"Tell her that." I said, shoving him playfully, "You've never been afraid of girls before."

"This one scares me." He said, his hand over his heart. "Besides, there's something holding her back. I don't think she's sure I'm good for her."

Thinking back to the conversation I shared with Hanna the other day, I knew that Cyrus was right. Hanna's a virgin and she was worried that he'd rush things due to the many flings he used to brag about. It wasn't a secret that he'd had sex with every girl he dated. Even if the relationship didn't last long, it was always physical.

With that in mind, I didn't offer him a response to his theory. As we made it to our last period, Myles was standing outside the classroom with Remy blocking his way inside. I'd never seen him look so serious before.

"Find another toy, Remy." He told her, "How many times do I have to tell that I'm not interested in you?"

Remy smiled, unfazed, "Toy? That's not what I want from you."

"I don't want anything from you." He said, annoyed, "Please, get out of my way."

"Come on, Myles," she said, biting her lip. "You could do whatever you want to me."

"He said he's not interested." I heard myself snap.

The words had come out on their own though it was what I was thinking. Watching Remy flirt this way with Trevor had never infuriated me as much as it did to see her do the same with Myles. My body went numb as I went over to them and grabbed Myles hand, my eyes locked on Remy.

I pushed past her, forcing our way into the room, "Move."

"Damn." Cyrus giggled, sitting into his seat, "That's what I meant earlier. Good job, Ellie."