8

"Tia!" Someone violently shook my shoulders causing me to shoot up in a panic
"What! What!" I looked around urgently
I met Thomas' eyes that looked worried, confused maybe.
"Thomas... what the hell." I let out a sigh
"Jesus. I thought you were dead. You've been asleep for awhile" Thomas sighed sitting on the bed with me "so? It's not like I missed anything."
I shook my head with a shrug. I didn't understand why Thomas was so worried about me sleeping in. I hadn't got that much sleep last night anyways....

"Well. You kinda did." Thomas nodded with furrowed brows "like what?" My brows furrowed aswell. "Alby went into the maze, him and Minho aren't back yet." Thomas swollowed harshly.

"What time is it? Should they be back by now?"
I searched Thomas' bewildered expression.

"Look I don't know, I just know they should be back by now, come on everyone's waiting for them." Thomas motioned to the maze, i nodded before standing up, walking with Thomas outside.

I stood next to Thomas, nervously biting my lip.
The doors were gonna close any minute and Minho and Alby hadn't returned. What if something happened to them?
My mind whittled with thoughts as I stared down the luminous corridor, the exact one that had haunted my dreams. But it was also the exact one that I wanted to so desperately go into. Just... one more time.

"Can't we send someone after them?" Thomas' question made me want to pummel him.
"It's against the rules, it's either they make it or they don't." Gallys voice ran through my ears like nails on a chalkboard. Ugh
"We can't risk losing anyone else." I heard newt from beside Thomas. We still hadn't spoken since our fight.

"There!" I watched as Thomas pointed out into the maze, i quickly searched the corridor before my eyes landed on Minho, my heart skipped a beat with excitement before it felt as though it had stopped... Minho was carrying Alby on his back, grunting and desperately trying to get to the glade. "They're not gonna make it." Newts saddened tone rung in my ears, shattering every bit of my heart.

The walls began to rumble, my breathing hitched as tears welled up in my eyes, in fear that I would lose my best friend. Everyone's screams and shouts became muffled, i could only think about newt. The two boys in that maze were his best friends since he could remember. And i wasn't gonna have him lose the two people he cared about. So, that's when I made the worst decision of my short remembered life.

I held my breath, i clenched my fists as i made a mad dash through the closing walls. My mind put me back to when i was trying to get out of the maze and now I'm trying to get in. As soon as I made it through I turned around to see all the gladers my eyes went wide when i saw Thomas shimmying his way through the closing doors

I grabbed his arm and yanked him through the rest of the way. I looked up right as the doors closed, i had seen newt. His face was filled with heartbreak. The last thing I heard was a soul crushing sob from newt. I had realized then that i wasn't going to see him ever again. I was never going to see Lincoln again.

My world came crumbling down at the thought.
My breathing became ragged as my eyes filled with tears, i raked through my hair as i began to cry .What had I done.

"Hey, hey tia you gotta calm down alright." Thomas came up to me, placing his hands on my forearms "what did I do Thomas? I-I'm never gonna see Newt or Lincoln ever again. We're gonna die in here." I sobbed as i looked up at Thomas

"No. Your gonna see them in the morning, your gonna make it. We're gonna make it" Thomas urged "cmon we don't have much time before the grievers come." Thomas wiped my tears quickly before leading me over to Minho and Alby

"What happened to him?"
"What do you think. He was stung."
"W-what happened to his head?"
"I did what I had to do."

My mind swirled with thoughts as the boys spoke "o-okay we have to get him somewhere safe." I shook my head as i walked over to our leader, the boys watched as i examined our leader.
"Well come on, we don't have all night." I huffed as i looked at the boys, they instantly went over and swung the leaders arms over their shoulders.