10

Today was the day, and I was absolutely horrified, happy I was getting out of this hell hole, but horrified.

While Thomas, Minho and a girl, that I guess came up when I was out cold, i hadn't gotten a chance to talk to her yet, but they were getting everything set up, gally wasn't having the fact that we had an escape, so, we had a plan.

I wasn't involved in the plan, sadly.
I'm guessing it's because of Newt, I had cried the whole day yesterday and I'm still crying today.
Instead I packed my bags, preparing Lincoln, I had made a holder type thing with a blanket, I had tied it around my torso so that Lincoln could sit safely inside it.

I grabbed everything I needed, I was also informed that I would go ahead with Chuck and the girl— Teresa. I was semi okay with that, I didn't want to fight any grievers and I had Lincoln, and the fact I was weak and exhausted, not to mention sore.....

I sighed, slipping a knife in the holster around my waistband before glancing over and my desk, the notebook i would write in sat on top, I grabbed it quickly before placing it in my back pocket, thinking I was done, I went to grab Lincoln, that's when I noticed Newts letter he wrote to me, my eyes welled with tears as I grabbed it, folding it up and placing it in my bra.

I smiled down at Lincoln, who sat patiently on the bed, "are you ready honey? We're going home!" I picked him up, placing him in the holder I had made.

A thought came to mind, if we were going back to our families, then I would never see Lincoln again, he wouldn't be my baby.

I wiped a tear that rolled down my face, kissing Lincoln on the head before making my way outside.

Everyone was standing by the doors, two wooden poles stuck into the ground, Teresa was tied up on one, but when one of the boys went to grab the unconscious Thomas, he sprung up quickly, elbowing the boy in the groin.

"Oh shit." I breathed, getting closer to the boys- and girl. Minho threw Thomas a spear, who pointed it at the boys, when one of the boys went to grab Thomas, Minho pulled out a knife, pointing it at the boy with a firm head shake.

What a badass

"Look, we're leaving, wether you like it or not, if anyone wants to come with us you can." Thomas spoke, backing up into the maze, at that point I had made it to them, standing next to Minho.

A couple boys came walking up, "anyone else?" Thomas looked around, "sorry gally." Jeff spoke, walking over to us, no one else walked up.

"Gally, you can come with us." Thomas tried to reason, Gally stayed silent for a moment, his eyes landing on me.

"Good luck out there." He nodded, switching his gaze back to Thomas.
Thomas nodded, before turning around.
The group followed, i held Lincoln with one arm so he wasn't bouncing around when i ran.

Me, Teresa and chuck stayed in the back of the group, following everyone as they led the way.

I thought about Newt, he would've been so excited to finally get out...
I shook my head, not wanting to think about that right now.....

As I ran, I could feel someone's eyes on me, I looked to my left to see Teresa, i smiled.
"Hey, sorry we haven't had a chance to talk yet, I'm Tia." I stuck my hand out, she smiled
"Teresa." She shook my hand as we ran,
"I know." I winked.

"How long were you here for?" She questioned,
"Two months, it doesn't seem like a long time, but living here with the same thing everyday, it sure feels like a long while" i sighed.

Just when Teresa opened her mouth to reply, Chuck grabbed our shirts, making up stop.
We now stood by a wall, Thomas peeked around the corner before abruptly turning back.