Chapter 10 A Discovery

Meanwhile, back at Caspulse Corp., we see Trunks, who seems to be back on his normal training regimen. Keeping his body properly in tip-top shape and fighting fit, along with practicing his swordsmanship and trying to think of some creative ways he can add his old friend's sword into his fighting style as well, Even though it was an average training day for him today, he swung his blade with more ferocity than he usually would during training.

He couldn't fully take his mind off the situation of an unknown alien spaceship crash-landing at this home; it made him think. He may need to find a way to improve on how he's already training himself right now, but he's not sure what exactly he can do right now. Anyone who could have kept up with him was gone, and he couldn't go into the room of spirit and time. The Androids destroyed the lookout years ago; the place was in ruins of what it formally used to be. In his mind, he hears a voice snapping him out of his thoughts.

The faint voice that gets louder shouting the boy's name says, "Trunks!" Can you come over here for a second? I found something you might want to see.

Trunks quickly ran over in the direction of his mother to see what she'd found to show him maybe it was something that could at least put his mind a bit at ease.

Trunks ran over to his mother's main lab, seeing that the spaceship was still inside after he had carried it back home, but a bit dismantled. It seems as though Bulma had been slowly picking the ship apart, seeing how it works and functions for future inventions she might want to create or test out in the future. He had noticed while she was typing away on her computer that she had a strange disk in her hand.

Bulma turns to her son and says, "There you are, trunks, okay, so I've got some good news and some bad news." First, good news: so far, after looking into the ship, it's full of foreign bits and pieces that I've never come across before. It may take me a while to figure out what everything does exactly, but with time and when I'm able to get my hands on more resources, who knows what I could make? The possibilities could be endless.

Trunks happy to see his mother so interested in studying the ship says, That's great Mom and I'm guessing that peace in your hand is something you made from some of the parts of the ship.

Bulma holding the strange disk says, Actually no that's actually this thing is a part of the bad news it seems that whatever was on the ship was something that was supposed to be used to give them messages but unfortunately.

Bulma presses a button on the strange-looking disk, and it begins to glow with a bright blue light as a small beam emits from the disk. It is trying to form something, but it stops, and nothing can be heard from the disk but static and words that are hard to translate.

Bulma then turns off the disk with a sad expression on her face and says, "That's basically the bad news." "It seems this disk was a device that seemed to have some type of message on it, but it's been destroyed, most likely from the crash landing here."

Trunks looked at his mom and said, "Do you think you can fix it, Mom?"

Bulma, with a grin on her face, says, "Of course, Trunks, don't forget your mother is the smartest woman in the world, ya know." "The only thing is that it's going to take a lot of time, depending on how long it may take to understand this alien technology with the tools I have on me at the moment, so with time I'll be fixing this up and we'll figure out what's really on this message disk."

Trunks sighed in relief, thankful for his mother's intelligence and how reassuring she can sound when she's proud or passionate about something.

Bulma, snapping her fingers, just remembered something and said to Trunks, "Oh, by the way, I almost forgot about this. I got a surprise for you, hun. Consider this a late happy birthday gift. She then takes out a few files from her desks and shows them to Trunks they seem to look like Schematics in a new room he's not too sure what he's looking at.

Bulma with excitement in her voice says, Suprise!!! Im gonna build you a training room.

Trunks, a bit confused about the idea of it, says, "Well, Mom, that would be nice, but I don't think that regular dumbells and sandbags are going to cut it for me anymore."

Bulma realizing Trunks doesn't fully understand what she means says, No silly I'm gonna make you a gravity chamber similar to the one your dad used to train in when you were young.

Trunks just looked at his mom and said that she enjoyed the idea, saying that it was exactly what he would have needed to help him with his training. They began to talk more about it, discussing ideas for it, where it would go, and overall how they were going to make it. The excited Trunks was ready to get started and help with constructing his surprise gift.