Mafia Shu Kurenai x Sensitive Reader

Requested by ShuKurenai2009. This was awfully tricky for me to write because I don't really know about mafia stuff. Hopefully you like it.

(Y/N)'s POV

I'm not that comfortable with other people, but I'm stuck with this talent competition that my parents signed me up for. The truth is I'm very sensitive and get upset easily. Once my older sister told me that I looked like a pig when I eat spaghetti. I don't think that she meant to hurt my feelings, but I still got upset, which made her apologize quickly.

I love dancing, but I don't want to be judged. I just can't handle criticism. My parents keep telling me to 'toughen up', but I just can't seem to. I'm not tough and I never will be.

I felt really nervous as I went onstage to dance. I danced to music from Swan Lake. Hopefully I do well.

No one's POV

(Y/N) danced gracefully, earning the judges' approval. "You're quite good," said one of the judges. "But I feel that you're not performing to your best level."

(Y/N) gasped, but the judges weren't finished.

"Yeah," said a second judge. "I just can't feel the passion in your performance. Passion is just as important as talent. If you're not enjoying what you're doing, how do you expect the audience to enjoy your performance?"

(Y/N) got upset and ran off the stage. "Wait!" said the third judge. "I haven't had a chance to speak yet." But (Y/N) didn't listen.

(Y/N) looked an odd sight. She was trailing the streets in her white ballet costume and carefully done hair. She felt really miserable. Deep down, she knew that the judges were right.

How could she impress others if she didn't like what she did? (Y/N) loved dancing. She just hated showcasing her talent to others.

(Y/N) was so lost in thought that she didn't see a car come up to her. Suddenly a hand was placed over her mouth and she was dragged in the car.

(Y/N)'s POV

I don't remember feeling more terrified than I am now my whole life. One moment I was feeling upset about my thin skin, and now I'm being kidnapped! I tried to struggle, but it was no use.

"Stop wriggling, you little brat!" came a voice. I suddenly got slapped, but that just made me cry harder.

"Someone shut her up!" said the voice. I felt horrified. What on earth does that person mean by 'shut her up'?

Just then, the driver gasped and stopped the car. "Why did you stop?" asked the man next to him.

"There's a traffic jam," said the driver. "Just our luck. It hardly jams up here."

"That sounds awfully suspicious," said the guy covering my mouth.

Just then, somebody suddenly opened the door. "Let the girl go at once!" came a voice.

I couldn't see who was speaking, but this was my chance to escape. "Please help me!" I said, though I am pretty sure that the person couldn't hear me.

Suddenly, the hand over my mouth was removed as the man gasped in pain. I think that the person outside must have kicked him. Before I knew it, someone had grabbed my hand and we were running away.

We stopped when we were a good distance away. I finally managed to get a good look at my rescuer. I was left speechless.

I was looking at a handsome boy a few years older than me with white hair and red eyes. I must admit, he looked gorgeous. I found myself staring at him with my mouth open. "Er... Er..."

"Are you okay?" asked the boy. "Do I need to take you to the doctor's?"

"Er... No, I'm fine now. Um... Thanks for rescuing me."

"I couldn't have let you get ransomed back to your parents. I saw you getting kidnapped and had to do something about it."

"But how..."

"Trust me, the less you know, the better."

"Who are you?" I asked.

The boy went silent. "I... I don't think you want to know."

"I don't care. You're so amazing, the way you came up with a rescue plan and carried it out quickly. I would have just froze in my place. My sister always calls me Mouse."

"Mouse?"

"Because I'm very sensitive. I can't handle negativity well."

"O... okay," said the boy. "Well, I'm part of a mafia group."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, but it wasn't my choice. My parents sold me to them when I was little."

"That's horrible!"

"Yeah. In fact, I used to be terrified of everything, but I realized that if I wanted to survive, I had to toughen up. But I'm used to it now. Oh, and my name's Shu Kurenai, by the way."

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N). Can you protect me?"

Shu stared at me like I had grown two heads. "Protect you? From what?"

"I'm not very confident. And I get upset easily. I want you to protect me."

"But it isn't safe," said Shu. "I have too many enemies. If I got close to you, they could use you as leverage against me. I can't risk putting you into danger."

"I don't care," I said. And I quickly kissed Shu.

Shu gasped. "You... Kissed me?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

Shu smiled. "Well, I should get you back home. Your parents are probably wondering where you are."

I smiled at Shu. "Yeah," I said.