King Vampire Valt x Shy Reader

Requested by KaoruKenzaki555. This was really tricky for me to do as I'm not a fan of writing about vampires *cough* *Twilight*.

(Y/N)'s POV

"There's no such thing as ghosts," I kept telling my best friend. "Or vampires! Or werewolves!"

"Yes there is," said my best friend. "My grandfather kept seeing the ghost of my grandmother after she died."

I rolled my eyes. "You're overreacting. You read too much Twilight."

"But there are no ghosts in..." started my best friend.

"Look, it's the two freaks!" came a mocking voice. Ugh, it was Delilah, the most popular girl in the school. She thought that she was better than everyone else.

However, I just stayed quiet whenever she picked on me. Although I can chat to my best friend for a long time, I was terribly shy around everyone else.

As usual, I let Delilah and her minions dump trash inside my backpack. Part of the reason why I don't fight back is because I would get in trouble if I did. The teachers never punish the bullies. They only punish the victims when they stand up for themselves.

That evening, I read my Harry Potter books. Even though I thought that my best friend's obsession with Twilight was nuts, I did enjoy fantasy books. I only disliked Twilight because of some problematic things about it.

I casually skipped the parts with the really hateful teacher in pink and went to the Christmas part. Just then, I heard a noise outside my window.

"Who's there?" I asked. I peeked outside the window. Nobody there.

My parents were out, so I was home alone. I switched on a flashlight and searched through the hallways.

Finally, I decided that I was imagining things and went back into my room. What a shock I got there. A boy with blue hair and chocolate brown eyes was looking back at me.

I screamed. I screamed so loud that the whole neighborhood must have heard me. The boy put a hand over my mouth. Wow, he moved really fast.

"Shh, do you want to get me caught?"

"Who are you?" I asked.

The boy removed his hand from my mouth. "Would you believe me if I told you that I'm a vampire king?"

"Er... No?"

"Well, I am a vampire king."

"Wait, vampires are real?" It didn't look like the boy was lying. "Have you come to drink my blood?"

"What? No. If I wanted to drink your blood, I would have already done so."

"Oh." I relaxed at that.

"Well, my name is Valt Aoi. What's your name?"

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

No one's POV

Valt and (Y/N) looked at each other awkwardly. (Y/N) suddenly felt like Bella Swan.

"Wait, you don't have fangs."

"Not all vampires have fangs."

"Sleeping in coffins?"

"Nah."

"Glowing red eyes?"

"No."

"Weakness to garlic?"

"Not exactly. I don't like garlic, but not all vampires have a problem with it."

"Why are you here?"

"Well, I saw you earlier in your school and wanted to know you. But then I saw you get harassed by that other girl. Why didn't you stand up for yourself?"

(Y/N) explained to Valt about how the teachers let the bullies get away with their behaviour, but punished the good students for defending themselves. Valt got very angry.

"She won't get away with this!" he said. "(Y/N), I won't let those bullies bully you anymore."

"How are you going to stop them?"

"You will see."

The next day, (Y/N) saw no sign of Valt, so she went to school alone. Unfortunately, Delilah was waiting there with her minions. She had a cup of orange juice in her hand.

"Well, if it isn't Miss Teacher's Pet."

"I can't help it if I am smart," said (Y/N).

Delilah smirked and prepared to pour the orange juice all over (Y/N), but a quick hand stopped her.

"You leave (Y/N) alone," said Valt.

"Who are you?" asked Delilah.

"I'm a vampire, and if you touch my girlfriend one more time, I will suck all of your blood!"

Delilah stared at Valt if she couldn't believe her ears, but she screamed and ran the other way, with her minions running behind.

"Did you... Call me your girlfriend?" asked (Y/N).

"I said that to scare the girls off," said Valt. "I won't actually drain their blood. It was only a scare tactic."

"Actually, I would like to have a relationship with you," said (Y/N). "Want to hang out tomorrow night? It's Friday, so I will be allowed to stay out late."

Valt smiled. "Sure, I would like that a lot."