Mafia Husband Shu Kurenai x Naive/Childish Wife Reader

Requested by MiraculousPokeblader. I hope that you like it.

"(Y/N), stop fooling around," said Shu Kurenai. "You know that it's dangerous to be out at night."

"Shu, don't be silly," said (Y/N). "I just went to my friend Lexi's house for a short while. It's only two blocks away."

"(Y/N), anything could have happened," said Shu. "You could have been run over. You could have been robbed. You could have even be kidnapped!"

Shu Kurenai was a part of a mafia and his wife was a child at heart. (Y/N) loved being outside and running around. But Shu was extra paranoid about her safety.

(Y/N) didn't understand why he was so frantic about her going outside at night. Even when she went outside during the day, he wanted to know where she was going. Not that he stalked her or anything. He just wanted to know where she was so that he knew that she was safe.

"I'm not a child!" said (Y/N).

"You act like one!" said Shu.

(Y/N) got all huffy and went off to her room. Of course, their fights never lasted long. They would always make up the next morning.

A few days later, (Y/N) was watching shows on TV. Unlike other women her age, she still enjoyed cartoons like Sofia The First, Lego Ninjago, and Miraculous Ladybug. Shu was at work.

(Y/N) looked at her phone. It was almost seven at night. Shu would be back in an hour.

"I should make him dinner," said (Y/N). However, she noticed that she was short of potatoes, sausages and cheese. "Looks like I'll have to go shopping," she said.

(Y/N) knew that the nearest grocery store was not very far away. It should take only half an hour. She decided not to tell Shu where she was going. She would be back before he would.

(Y/N)'s POV

I must admit, it felt nice to not have to worry about Shu being angry at me for going out. It wasn't long before I had bought the items I needed, and I was starting to put them back in my car.

"Hello there, young lady," came a voice. I turned around to see three men standing behind me. "What... Do you want?" I asked.

"My my, what a pretty doll," said one of them.

Doll? When the bullies at my school called me that, I would yell at them. But I had a feeling that it would be a bad idea to do so here.

"Leave me alone," I said.

But one of the man took my hand forcefully. "Now don't be scared, we won't hurt you as long as you do what we ask."

"I don't have any money," I said. "I spent it all earlier."

"We don't want your money. We want your body."

"My... Body?"

Then I realized what they wanted. I tried to get away, but the men were too quick.

"Listen to me, you insolent brat!"

"Help! Somebody help me!"

Just then, I heard a gunshot. Shu was standing nearby with a gun.

"Stay away from my wife."

The men took one look at him and then fled like cowards. Shu went up to me.

"(Y/N), are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said, shaking.

The ride home was silent. I was too shaky to drive, so Shu drove us back. Although he showed no signs of being angry with me, I wished that he was. The uncomfortable silence was not something I was used to.

The first thing Shu did when we reached home was to ask me, "What on earth were you thinking?"

He didn't shout. He seemed genuinely horrified. Maybe it's because I have almost run into danger.

"I... I was just buying groceries."

"You could have told me that we needed groceries. I could have bought them on the way home."

"I... I..." I started to cry at these words.

"Hey, don't cry," said Shu as he hugged me. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"I'm sorry," I said. "I should have done something more to defend myself. I'm just not brave like you."

"I was terrified today," said Shu. "Now you know why I won't let you go out after dark."

"How did you know where I was?"

"I have a tracker on your phone."

"What? So you were stalking me!"

"Because I was terrified for your safety! You're so naive that anything can happen to you!"

I calmed down. "I won't go out at night again. You're going to punish me, aren't you?"

"Yeah," said Shu. "You're not allowed to watch TV for three days."

"What?" I said. How would I survive without my favourite shows since I was six?

Then Shu burst out laughing. "I'm kidding! Gosh, I didn't think that you would believe that I was serious. Actually, your punishment is that you're not allowed to leave the house for three days."

I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I didn't have to give up on my favourite shows. 

I gave Shu a quick kiss. "Thanks for saving me," I said.

Shu smiled at me. "Shall we spend the evening together? We haven't done that in a while."

"Yes," I said.