51: August 18th, Summer of 1986

I wanted to start this with my name, but I thought I would be too insignificant, that my name would never resonate with whoever would read this.

I hope it's true, I hope to end up remembered by nobody, so my story remains mine and noone elses. A story so mine, that when I tell you, you'll be able to know me, and I will be reborn in your memory. A memory of you reading my words now engraved on you will be all of me that is left—or almost.

To the one reading this, I give you all my possessions; this letter and the bottle that came with it. I would give you more, but I hope there isn't.

I was born in 1912, currently I'm at 74 years old, and to my liking, it's too old already.
You could call this my last wish, a last letter before I die. I feel death knocking at my door and I gladly let her in. Now, she lives with me, waiting for my last breath so she can take me on her arms and guide me to the water.

The water where I was born, the water I drank from, the water in which I showered, the water in which I swam. The water that made me and the water that will undo me.

I wish to become sea foam and have noone care about me anymore, and to care for noone not even myself.

I grew up in a small sailor town, I know the Duque since his daughter and I played together in the sand once. I never saw him again, but I still tell people I know him, since he's well known and I'm not.

And I always liked it that way, until now. Now I want you to know me, and to miss me, and I want to be all the selfish I never was. So please keep this bottled letter and keep it forever, now that I have been born again.

And when you die, I'll die with you knowing someone will remember you, hence, remember me too, now that I'm a part of your memory.

-August 18, 1986,
with the sun kissing my left and
the moon in front of me.

Seonghwa's tears dried as they touched the sand, his hands shivered.

"I think I remember." He simply said, his eyes didn't dare to blink in case everything went away again. Hongjoong rushed to hug him. "I think I finally remember, Joong..."