01

Mao was quick to arrive to the faculty room when he was called by the intercoms, his expression showing mild concern before his eyes lit up at the new figure standing awkwardly away from the two teachers.

"Isara, there you are." Akiomi stated, crossing both his arms with a brow raised as the red-violet headed boy gave a small sheepish smile, rubbing his nape with a slightly guilty look. "I-i apologize, i was a bit busy with student council work that I completely forgot.." Mao explained, a small bead of sweat rolling down the side of his cheek while the brunette sighed, shaking his head before nodding and managing to accept this excuse for today.

"I see. Well, I hope you take good care of L/n during this visit." Mao gave a firm nod, looking back at the girl who continued to stand awkwardly to the side, her expression a little blank as she just waited for the teachers to stop talking. When Jin called out to the composer, she snapped out of her daze and blinked, looking up before giving a nod and bowing a little to cut their meeting short. Mao gave a quick wave to the girl who returned the wave with a sheepish small smile.

The two were out of the faculty room by then, both of the students just standing right next to each other before Mao gave a small smile.

“Well uh..Hey there! I’m Isara Mao, I'm a part of a unit called Trickstar.. From what I just said as well, i’m also part of the student council, the treasurer at that. I look forward to working with you!” He smiled, F/n blinked with how easygoing he was after the small awkward tension between the two, but she nodded and gave a subtle small smile. “He-hello..i’m L/n F/n..i uh..i look forward with..working with you too.” She muttered, her brows furrowed as she smiled a little awkwardly.

Social interaction after years of isolation was a bit hard, she just didn’t know what else to say and she felt grateful that Mao just gave a reassuring nod towards her introduction and then started to lead her around the school. He gave a thorough tour around the school, making sure to look back every once in a while to see if she was following and sent a small smile when she made eye contact with him.

As Mao guided her thtough the door, he glanced back, surprised once seeing the sheer exhaustion etched on F/n's face. Her shoulders slumped, ans a faint blue hue adorned her forehead, clearly expressing how drained she was from all this extensive wapk. The magenta-headed boy raised a hand, brows knitted in genuine concern, "H-hey, you alright..?"

"...can..we take..a break?"
"Y-yeah! Of course, we're in the cafeteria so we should be alright!" Mao chuckled, leading the composer towards a seat that was the closest to them. The two went to sit down, the idol sheepishly looking at the composer who was facing the table face first with her back slouched and breath heavy.

Mao remained silent. Hopeful that f/n managed to memorize the layout of the school. She seemed pretty attentive during that long tour, seemingly taking mental notes, so that was a good sign… he mused.

"..so hey, what made you get into Yumenosaki exactly?" Mao started, creating small talks just to cut through the silence. The composer propped her head up to look at him with squinted eyes. She blinked and tried her best to remember what he asked.

"...i don't.. really know how to explain…" she whispered, finally straightening up to rub her neck with a small hum, "..but i know my grandmother transferred me here.." she mumbled, the magenta-haired boy nodding in light interest. Since she didn't really know why she was here, he didn't want to pressure her further to think of her reasoning. She looked really nice, for one…aside from her concerning low stamina, she was really easy to get along with!

...That was a lie. It was incredibly awkward, but he really liked how polite she was.

"I see…what school did you attend before getting here?"
"Oh…I was taking online classes."

Oh! That's…surprising!

Online school wasn't widely discussed, but he knew of its normalization for those unable to attend in real-time… perhaps maybe f/n had that issue? Well, he wouldn't pry too much.

"Oh, online, huh? Well, i hope you feel comfortable here! If you need any more help you can always come to me." He smiled, the composer feeling her entire body go slack and sending him an awkward smile in return.

"Sure…" she spoke softly, clearing her throat when she noticed her voice sounding a bit scratchy and raspier than usual. Mao didn't seem focused on that, he harbored that same smile ws before until he looked  outside the windows. "Can you walk for a bit more? We have around 4 rooms left."

F/n stayed quiet the whole time but gave a nod with a sheepish look. Getting up, Mao followed along and sent another smile to her way, beginning to lead her towards the last remaining rooms.

"—and here's the training room! Normally, you'd have to reserve it before using it, but my unit actually got a chance to practice in it for once!" The burgundy haired boy chuckled, watching as her face lit up in small awe with how spacious and clean it looked. She definitely felt more energized after that break they had in the cafeteria, and he couldn't help but just feel a little proud.

"Oh hey sally! You finally came back. What took you so long?" An exicted voice chirped, jumping on his steps before suddenly stopping on his tracks once he saw the girl standing next to Mao. His eyes blinked rapidly from the scene before him, Mao sending a sheepish grin in return, rubbing his neck while glancing over to the composer.

"I did text you all about it…I said i was going to be late because of council duties. Then the intercoms called for me, which made me realize that I needed to give a tour to this transfer student!" He responds, pointing at said composer with his hand and his left hand that was on his neck quickly went down to hold his hips.

"So meet L/n F/n! She's going to be the new composer from now on!"

"Oooh! A composer, huh? Well, it's nice to meet you, l/n! I'm Akehoshi Subaru, but you can just call me Subaru if anything." The orange head giggled, pressing his hands to his cheeks and squirming on his spot like he was a high school girl meeting her crush. The composer blinked rapidly, nodding at his words after processing his introduction and offered a slight bow.

"T-then it's…nice to meet you, Subaru.." she softly says, jolting when she heard a small squeal come out of his mouth. She straightened herself up to see two other boys walk by towards them, one having black hair and the other a dirty-like blonde.

"Oh! Is this the new producer?" The boy with blue glasses exclaimed, and the same process was made as Mao helped introduce the slightly flustered girl that just stood there with both hands in front of her figure.

"I'm Hidaka Hokuto, i hope we'll be able to work along with great care, miss composer."

….
What even was that nickname..?? Yet she chose not to bother with it and just gave a curt bow in his direction with an awkward smile.

"A-and i'm Yuuki Makoto! I-i uh, I hope to be in your care, too!" His voice…it held this sort of airy-ness to it…more like a stuffy-like voice, yet it didn't feel that terrible to listen to. If anything, his singing might just feel warm. She gave another polite smile once she realized that she hadn't answered before her entire body suddenly ran cold, and her eyes widened in surprise as another figure came by.

The unit all stared at her confusingly until Hokuto followed her line of sight towards the other producer, who also appeared in the same state as the composer.

"L-l/n?" The brunette girl whispered, clutching both her hands up to her chest with her lips tightly pressed together, a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek as she was startled by her presence.