10

“...”

“isn't Maa-kun adorable?”

Excuse me?

F/n had to backpedal on that, eyes glancing from Ritsu's face to her computer screen that displayed the live that Trickstar was currently performing. It certainly… hit a soft spot in her heart.

The song had this indescribable impact … Though it may sound boring for some, its melodies brought out this sense of hope that could pierce through people's hearts, promoting this surge to not give up.

Oh, and F/n also enjoyed Akatsuki's performance. She did get confused when the camera went out of frame at the last second but didn't bother to question it.

Aside from that, the composer's gaze returned to the screen, eyeing each and every move from the idols that were singing and dancing their hearts out for their performance. Ritsu was sitting right beside her with his chin propped on top of the desk, eyes slightly droopy since the chair he sat on was oh so comforting.

How did the composer manage to sway the school to give her these plush chairs? Surely they would have given the girl some sort of budget for it… or maybe she was just rich. He wasn't going to question her method anyways–well, he technically was right about now, but he wasn't going to complain! If knights ever booked a reservation to sing here, he'd hope that f/n would get a bean bag… Or better yet, a kotatsu table…

Two kotatsu tables are better than one! And the composer didn't seem to care that he practically got inside this room without a thought.

“You still didn't answer my question.”

“Oh.. um… Isara looks… Wonderful?”

That was all the boy needed to hear, happily sighing and pressing his cheek against the surface of the table. F/n's features were completely blank, staring at the ravenet with an owlish look before her attention was once again drifted back to her monitor, listening to the group talking towards audience.

“....Ritsu?” Said boy perked his head up, humming as a way to indicate that he was fully listening.

“....” the composer's brows furrowed for a moment, lips pressed thinly together as she hesitated with her next words. Her lips parted but quickly shut the moment she couldn't let her sentence out.

“Nevermind..” The idol stared with an impassive look, eyeing the girl who had gone quiet once again while seemingly deep in thought about something.

That look… he can certainly recognize it anywhere but he wasn't close to her, he couldn't make any assumptions yet.

So the two just went back to watching the interlude of the livestream.

I'm Nito Nazuna! From the unit Ra*bits—”

Was the first thing the composer heard after entering the auditorium. She stood near the side of the entryway, her hands in front of her body while she tried to keep her heaving breaths at bay. The poor girl had to run all the way over here after Ritsu expertly pointed out that Subaru probably didn't mean for her to stay cooped up inside to watch Trickstar…

hmm… i don't think Akehoshi meant that you should watch inside the academy…”

“...”

“...yes, that means he wanted you in the auditorium, L/N.”

f/n certainly won't forget that small teasing smile he had on his face– one that made her so embarrassed that she had to run out of the recording room just to get here.

The girl watched with creased brows, eyes squinted from the bright lights of the stage until she flinched when everything turned off, only for a simply dim light to appear to make a show of which unit won… and…

Was that Anzu on stage???

F/n was quick to blink once the spotlight landed on the brunette, her chest rising and falling with each breath. Trickstar quickly ran out from the right wing, jumping in the air and circling around the girl who seemed so joyous.

Ah…

How long has it been since she'd seen Anzu this happy?

She doesn't remember, F/n had deliberately pushed off a lot of memories from middle school… but to see her acquaintance so expressive as she shared some hugs with the idols?

It brought just the tiniest of warmth to her body.

“L/n?” Anzu exclaimed in a hushed tone, not having expected to see the girl still in school grounds after everyone had finished cleaning and tidying up the place. Her hands were placed near her chest, the unexpected jumpscare having caused her heart to leap for a second.

Said girl hummed in the presence of the brunette, sending a gentle smile that had instantly made the girl's heart pound. Anzu's breath hitched, breath faltering at the same time before she tried to regain her composure by clearing her throat.

“Did… did you enjoy the show?”

“...It was alright.” 

Silence took over right then. The two remained quiet, basking in each others presence. While one felt completely comforted by their presence, the other felt the awkwardness that had seeped in from such an answer.

“I…” anzu started, lips parted to reveal what she had been doing these past few weeks with Trickstar.

Yet, she hadn't expected for those next words to come out of her old friends lips;

“I'm proud of you.”

. . .

Immediate dread was brought to her. Had F/n already known about this revolution? Did she already have the knowledge that this would have occured? How? Who could have possibly told the girl–she wasn't suppose to know!

No... no, that wasn't it.

Deep breaths, in and out, from 1 to 10.

Sakuma had kept his promise by not mentioning it, Trickstar were quick witted by always downplaying it that this liveshow would be a regular one you'd see on a daily basis.

F/n... was just being sincere.

"I... Thank you."

Anzu just didn't have the heart to reveal it.